Picture Of The Day

bside123

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #3480 on: 8 Oct 2014, 10:54 am »
Hi bside123.
May I ask why the train look so dirty ?

Guy 13

Sure Guy... the train looks so dirty, because it was really dirty! So was the platform... covered in pigeon shit and so was that particular train station. The whole place was like a pig sty. I was surprised. No wonder the translation of the sign means: Please don't get off here!

Best regards.

Guy 13

« Reply #3481 on: 8 Oct 2014, 10:59 am »
Sure Guy... the train looks so dirty, because it was really dirty! So was the platform... covered in pigeon shit and so was that particular train station. The whole place was like a pig sty. I was surprised. No wonder the translation of the sign means: Please don't get off here!

Best regards.
Hi (Again) bside123,
you mentioned that that picture was taken in Germany.
I am surprised, to me the Germans and Germany is clean everywhere.
Look as if there are some places that don't follow that rule.

Guy 13

gnuyork

« Reply #3482 on: 8 Oct 2014, 12:09 pm »
A couple weekends ago a good friend bought me a record as incentive to finally get a turntable. I have been thinking about it for years but never really followed through due to too many hobbies, really.

Anyway, rather than go for a new entry level table, I decided to see what I could find locally on Craigslist. Found this for $75. Still works, although it will require some maintenance to get the auto functions to work. It came with an Empire 4000 D/II. I don't know the history or condition of the stylus, and it appears impossible to get an OEM replacement, so I ordered a Denon DL-110 from Ebay. I had my hopes high for this cart after hearing some needle drops and reading good things about it...Then I discovered that they used to retail $139 (and could be had for much less) and recently are now $299!! Ouch!!! I found an OK deal on Ebay, but it's coming from Hong Kong, so need to be patient for it to arrive.

I'm pretty excited, but also I have no idea what I am doing but looking forward to it.

bside123

« Reply #3483 on: 8 Oct 2014, 02:33 pm »
gnuyork: Fun project... plastic clay will be your friend!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #3484 on: 8 Oct 2014, 02:41 pm »
That shot of the country side is amazing. I love the layers of hillsides.
I try to capture as many of those as I can, when I happen to have my camera handy.

Bob

bside123

« Reply #3485 on: 8 Oct 2014, 03:01 pm »
That shot of the country side is amazing. I love the layers of hillsides.
I try to capture as many of those as I can, when I happen to have my camera handy.

Bob

Thanks Bob... Did you notice all of those jet trails in the sky? Contrails? Chemtrails? Makes ya' kinda wonder!? :scratch:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #3486 on: 8 Oct 2014, 03:15 pm »
I missed the sky, for staring at the trees and mist.
Hopefully, the image was taken near an airport, The contrails is an area of conspiracy I've tried to avoid.  :lol:

brooklyn

« Reply #3487 on: 8 Oct 2014, 03:26 pm »
A couple weekends ago a good friend bought me a record as incentive to finally get a turntable. I have been thinking about it for years but never really followed through due to too many hobbies, really.

Anyway, rather than go for a new entry level table, I decided to see what I could find locally on Craigslist. Found this for $75. Still works, although it will require some maintenance to get the auto functions to work. It came with an Empire 4000 D/II. I don't know the history or condition of the stylus, and it appears impossible to get an OEM replacement, so I ordered a Denon DL-110 from Ebay. I had my hopes high for this cart after hearing some needle drops and reading good things about it...Then I discovered that they used to retail $139 (and could be had for much less) and recently are now $299!! Ouch!!! I found an OK deal on Ebay, but it's coming from Hong Kong, so need to be patient for it to arrive.
I'm pretty excited, but also I have no idea what I am doing but looking forward to it.

Hi gnuyork, maybe you should show your table on the Vinyl Circle.
There’s some a/c members who can give you some great advise if
needed. That’s not a bad turntable to see if records are for you.

Regards,
Brooklyn

bside123

« Reply #3488 on: 9 Oct 2014, 04:11 pm »
Unna, Germany under the full moon last night... not too shabby for: ISO 6400, 1/10, f/4.0, Handheld!

Unna Moon - Old & New

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3489 on: 9 Oct 2014, 05:51 pm »
Dang Din, your going to have to open a Photo Gallery next to the restaurant. I'm sure you can get a number of the other fine photogs here to contribute. Your pics just keep getting more amazing, I mean it's almost like a 3D image.  :thumb:
JD

Guy 13

« Reply #3490 on: 10 Oct 2014, 11:18 am »
Hi all.
I hope my post and pictures are valid,
because I did not take myself the pictures,
but it's about my daily life on planet Vietnam.
Traffic jam !
Do you really know what a real traffic jam is?
Well, maybe you know, especially if you live on the west coast,
but how about a motorcycle traffic jam?
I've been stuck in one of those a few times in the past 20 years
on planet Vietnam.

How about a geese traffic jam?

If a Vietnamese stop at the white line, it happen so rarely,
that it become a special event and TV is there to broadcast the event.

They made a joke out of the fact that the Vietnamese don't want to wear the helmet. They don't feel comfortable waering something so heavy on the little head.

JakeJ

« Reply #3491 on: 11 Oct 2014, 08:18 am »
Mmm...goose jam.  It's so good on toast!

Guy 13

« Reply #3492 on: 11 Oct 2014, 09:48 am »
Hi all.
Telephone wire jam...

Guy 13

brooklyn

« Reply #3493 on: 11 Oct 2014, 03:53 pm »
Hey Guy 13, that picture looks like a spider web with a man trapped inside.... LOL

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #3494 on: 11 Oct 2014, 04:09 pm »
He's the code enforcement fellow making sure everything is safe.

FireGuy

« Reply #3495 on: 11 Oct 2014, 05:30 pm »
Hi all.
Telephone wire jam...

Guy 13

Yes indeed Guy 13.  This exists (as you probably know) in Thailand as well. Saw it all over while visiting for my older son's wedding three years ago.   Talk about wire fail.  Somehow, it all works... :dunno: most of the time.

brooklyn

« Reply #3496 on: 11 Oct 2014, 05:53 pm »
I took a picture of a picture hanging in my man cave. I took this picture back in the 80’s
at 6th row center at Madison Square Garden, it was the first time I used Kodachrome 400 asa
film. Taken with a Pentax ES thread mount camera and a 135mm Sigma lens.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #3497 on: 11 Oct 2014, 06:50 pm »
I took a picture of a picture hanging in my man cave. I took this picture back in the 80’s
at 6th row center at Madison Square Garden, it was the first time I used Kodachrome 400 asa
film. Taken with a Pentax ES thread mount camera and a 135mm Sigma lens.

Lindsey Buckingham?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #3498 on: 11 Oct 2014, 07:07 pm »
Lindsey Buckingham?
That's what I was thinking.  :scratch:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer