Picture Of The Day

Russell Dawkins

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #2520 on: 5 Nov 2013, 08:04 pm »
Nice image, what is this wire?? Seems hi tension line.

What wire?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2521 on: 5 Nov 2013, 08:34 pm »
What wire?
Nice photoshop, better now :thumb:

JakeJ

« Reply #2522 on: 5 Nov 2013, 08:49 pm »
Thanks, Russell.  Too bad PS costs so much, I'd have a copy if it were more reasonably priced.  I suppose Lightroom or Elements might be adequate but it is difficult to tell what the differences are.  I'll ask that question in another thread and what alternatives there are.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #2523 on: 5 Nov 2013, 08:53 pm »
Nice photoshop, better now :thumb:
Actually it was iPhoto using the re-touch feature; I can't afford Photoshop!

I couldn't avoid the smudge where the wire crossed the mountain/sky boundary, especially on the right side. I imagine Photoshop would do this better.

bside123

« Reply #2524 on: 5 Nov 2013, 09:01 pm »
Here's one of my more recent macros.  I like the vividness of this image.

And a shot of Mt Adams from a trip to Vancouver, WA for training.

Hmm...don't know why but these are much sharper on my monitor reading from the hdd.

Hi JakeJ,

If it's any consolation, and for what is worth, photos will almost ALWAYS look better on your monitor than after you upload them via the internet. Every single one of my photos look better in person than how they appear posted. Issues of compression, etc. really influence the quality of the images as they are being sent through cyberspace. So far, I've found that Flickr has the best reproduction for my general internet needs. YMMV

The fiery red of your macro flowers is striking. I'll bet the original really jumps alive.

Best regards.

JakeJ

« Reply #2525 on: 6 Nov 2013, 09:20 am »
Thanks, bside.  I have noticed that Flickr doesn't seem to "damage" your images like I see in mine.  And you are correct it does have more pop on my monitor.  I thought it had more to do with the fact that I bought In Plane Switching technology as opposed to Twisted Nematic specifically for photo work.  My old Samsung is TN and it doesn't have the resolution or pop that the new Dell has.

I'll have to get a Flickr account and see how that helps.

Scott F.

« Reply #2526 on: 9 Nov 2013, 03:49 am »
A view from the blind....quack :flak:

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #2527 on: 9 Nov 2013, 04:16 am »
Easy pickin's at that distance. Great photo.

Scott F.

« Reply #2528 on: 9 Nov 2013, 01:03 pm »
Thanks Russel.

Actually those are decoys. The ducks weren't flying when we were out Wednesday so I had time on my hands to take pics  :roll: We saw a few high flocks. We called a few low flyers and were able to peal off a few but couldn't get them in close enough so back at it again Monday. Maybe the cold weather up north this week will drive a few more flocks south....hopefully a LOT more flocks. It's still early, lots of time left to the season  :thumb:

geowak

« Reply #2529 on: 9 Nov 2013, 02:41 pm »
I decided to post a before and after pic for those playing with Photoshop CS6. This was a vacation shot I took about two years ago at Myrtle Beach, SC. Just tried to expand the range, open up the lighter areas for the purpose of making a decent print shot.

Before

After

bside123

« Reply #2530 on: 10 Nov 2013, 07:26 pm »
Apparently this autumn tree has dropped almost all of its shoes, as it readies itself for winter in the midwest. I always love the light in the very late afternoon this time of year!

Autumn Shoe Tree by Din Dayemi

Donald

« Reply #2531 on: 10 Nov 2013, 07:43 pm »
Sunrise in Florida this morning

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #2532 on: 10 Nov 2013, 07:58 pm »
Welcome back to this side of the planet Din, and thank you for the shots.
"More please".  :wink:

PeteG

« Reply #2533 on: 10 Nov 2013, 08:48 pm »
From today.

bside123

« Reply #2534 on: 10 Nov 2013, 11:28 pm »
One repeated experience I have with all of my frequent trips to Bangladesh is being so impressed with just how handsome are the common people. Here's a prime example... this beautiful, unnamed young man sells roasted peanuts in the streets of an older part of Dhaka, the capital city. He'll be very lucky to clear $6.00 a day which is less than $200 a month. Nonetheless, his profile is "head turning," as... he could have been an Armani model... or a film star, perhaps in another life! I'm sure in his mind, he thinks he is... but he'll have to sell a whole lot of peanuts first, and hope he can even find the firewood to tend his fire.

Peanut Hawker

chip

« Reply #2535 on: 10 Nov 2013, 11:38 pm »
Here is a pic from a Smith Rock State Park, Oregon actually took with my iphone.

bside123

« Reply #2536 on: 10 Nov 2013, 11:39 pm »
Here is a pic from a Smith Rock State Park, Oregon

Wow!

chip

« Reply #2537 on: 10 Nov 2013, 11:48 pm »
A few more shots from Smith Rock Sp- There is actually someone climbing the left wall in the 1st pic.

A shot from Lava Monument...

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #2538 on: 11 Nov 2013, 06:56 pm »
You folks are making me want to be elsewhere instead of locked in an office.

Nice shots.  :thumb:

Jon L

« Reply #2539 on: 12 Nov 2013, 02:42 pm »
November Sunrise

EOSE0182cross by drjlo1, on Flickr