Picture Of The Day

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #2440 on: 30 Sep 2013, 04:06 pm »
Yea, I've got more photos of red rocks than most people could stand to look at.   :lol:

Donald

« Reply #2441 on: 30 Sep 2013, 04:37 pm »
Thought I would break up the red with some blue.  :lol:

Blue Grotto, Isle of Capri

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #2442 on: 30 Sep 2013, 05:01 pm »
Blue is nice, but how 'bout some green from Lake Powell.

JakeJ

« Reply #2443 on: 30 Sep 2013, 05:14 pm »
Scott, awesome aerial photos despite whatever shortcomings there may be.  Thanks!

Bob & Brad, very cool shots of Bryce Canyon.  Also thanks!

Photon46

« Reply #2444 on: 30 Sep 2013, 05:38 pm »
These photos of red rock country are making me long for another trip back to Utah! Thought I'd share one of my favorite moments there. This was a beautiful and brief moment when the sun peaked through evening storm clouds. This is a stitched panorama from two 4x5 negatives. I was scrambling to get the two shots fired off while the light lasted.

Not sure what went wrong with the image upload, I posted a WAY bigger image file than this :dunno:

Brad

« Reply #2445 on: 30 Sep 2013, 06:04 pm »
Yea, I've got more photos of red rocks than most people could stand to look at.   :lol:

I visited Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, and Arches over the course of a week.
I know what you mean about red rocks   :lol:
Also Taos, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Four Corners, Vermillion Cliffs, Salt Lake, Promontory Point.  4400 miles in 12 days total.

These parks and sights are MADE for black/white!

Donald

« Reply #2446 on: 30 Sep 2013, 06:29 pm »
Sunset in the Keys-Last Paddle before dark

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2447 on: 2 Oct 2013, 11:18 pm »
Cel photo: conjunction Moon/Venus wow.

PeteG

« Reply #2448 on: 3 Oct 2013, 02:01 am »
Nice shots here lately guys, I’ve been on vacation shooting the fall colors here in Colorado but had to cut it short do to the State parks are closed, they even locked the restrooms up as soon as my wife seen that the GPS was set to “ HOME”. 

PeteG

« Reply #2449 on: 3 Oct 2013, 09:26 pm »
Here’s just a couple from my recent trip.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #2450 on: 3 Oct 2013, 11:40 pm »
Wow.  :o
Nice addition to your portfolio Pete!  :thumb:

Donald

« Reply #2451 on: 3 Oct 2013, 11:50 pm »
Wow.  :o
Nice addition to your portfolio Pete!  :thumb:

X2!

bside123

« Reply #2452 on: 3 Oct 2013, 11:56 pm »
Experimenting with DxO Academy Software as a Plug-in for Adobe Lightroom 4 in Post Production

Abandoned Diner by Din Dayemi, on Flickr

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #2453 on: 4 Oct 2013, 12:01 am »
That's VERY neat. Looks like an add for VISA though. The eye is drawn to the blue glow of the logo, then to the cash register itself, then the cord dangling down. I kind fixate on that area at it's not as neat and tidy as the rest of the room. But a very cool image though.

bside123

« Reply #2454 on: 4 Oct 2013, 12:08 am »
Yup... the coloration at the register catches the eye. As JonL let us all know, DxO Academy is running a free trial on their film conversion software. It offers lot's of film type variations in both color and b&w with virtual an infinite variety of treatments. The link for the special offer is earlier in this thread or you can go to: http://www.dxo.com/intl. Din

bside123

« Reply #2455 on: 4 Oct 2013, 12:10 am »
Here's a copy of JonL's earlier post:

"Wow, I can't believe it, but DxO FilmPack 3 is offered for free download.  I just downloaded it, activated it, and yes it's free and works.  It's very similar to the wonderful Nik ColorEfex Pro which I also have.  Get it before the offer ends :)

http://www.dxo.com/intl/sony"

Don_S

« Reply #2456 on: 4 Oct 2013, 12:17 am »
X3  Awesome Pete.  Where were they taken?

X2!

PeteG

« Reply #2457 on: 4 Oct 2013, 12:41 am »
Thanks guys, I’ll be adding more to my Zenfolio page (link under sig) in the next couple weeks, most will be in Landscapes.

X3  Awesome Pete.  Where were they taken?
First is Maroon Bells outside Aspen CO and second is Dallas Divide west of Ridgway CO.

bside123

« Reply #2458 on: 4 Oct 2013, 12:50 am »
Thanks guys, I’ll be adding more to my Zenfolio page (link under sig) in the next couple weeks, most will be in Landscapes.

Hi Pete,

Where is it exactly that I find the link to your Zenfolio page? :scratch: I'd love to see more of your work. Glorious shots of the aspens. You must of been there at the exact weekend of the peak.

Don_S

« Reply #2459 on: 4 Oct 2013, 01:01 am »
Pete, Thank's for the information. I wrote it down and may create a CO adventure some year. I hate organizing and planning.  Something like Yellowstone NP is easier by comparison.  I just have to get my gear and butt there. Then I let the park map take over.

First is Maroon Bells outside Aspen CO and second is Dallas Divide west of Ridgway CO.