Picture Of The Day

jhm731

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #2200 on: 26 Jul 2013, 08:03 pm »
Unfortunately, no.  That's why we are praising B&H who stood their by customers and fulfilled the backorders with the more expensive kit when the original kits became unavailalble from Canon, whereas places like Adorama just cancelled the backorders.

Guess where I (and others) will be ordering from in the future when same products are offered at B&H and Adorama?  :wink:

By the way, this EF-M 22 mm f/2 lens is a beauty.  I especially love how close you can get (15 cm) with awesome 1:2 near-macro ability.  Sharpness and bokeh are way beyond what the price suggests also.

Thanks. Probably still a great kit at $399.

SET Man

« Reply #2201 on: 27 Jul 2013, 04:09 am »

Guess where I (and others) will be ordering from in the future when same products are offered at B&H and Adorama?  :wink:

Hey!

Talking about B&H. Great store. I've been buying stuffs there way back, I think they first I was there was in 1991 or 1992 I think. Their used to be a much smaller store at 17th street back than. And now they are huge! With overhead conveyor belts transporting stuffs around the store and between floor... reminded me of Looney Tunes cartoon. Anyway, between B&H and Adorama... I always go to B&H first.

Anyway, since this is "Picture of the day" thread and I haven't post picture here lately. So, here's one I took while this week while I was out walking around NYC with my good old Tokina zoom from film's era... (I'm thinking of selling it so just want to see how it is now.)

"Flatiron Building" by setpower1, on Flickr

It is one of NYC's iconic buildings, the "Flatiron Building"  BTW... the old zoom still good and yes I bought it from B&H years ago. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

PS

I posted the pic at 800 width, it is too big? Should I stick with 640?

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #2202 on: 27 Jul 2013, 03:35 pm »
no I would go even bigger like 1200 or 1400 - more detail, you are zooming in  for a reason :) And assuming folks don't repost a repost of a large photo it should not be too much for browsers.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #2203 on: 27 Jul 2013, 05:40 pm »
I wholeheartedly agree!

If you're going to post great pics like that (Flat Iron bldg), then gimme all ya got! :thumb:

Gene

PeteG

« Reply #2204 on: 28 Jul 2013, 02:01 pm »
Morning shots from yesterday.

JohnR

« Reply #2205 on: 28 Jul 2013, 02:33 pm »
Spectacular!  Really nicely done :thumb:

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2206 on: 28 Jul 2013, 02:58 pm »
I wholeheartedly agree!

If you're going to post great pics like that (Flat Iron bldg), then gimme all ya got! :thumb:

Gene

+1!   :thumb:

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #2207 on: 28 Jul 2013, 04:37 pm »
PeteG,

That first shot is so nice. I hope you're going to print that thing and hang it on the wall some place!  :thumb:

Gene

Jon L

« Reply #2208 on: 28 Jul 2013, 06:08 pm »
The END

IMG_0046a by drjlo1, on Flickr

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #2209 on: 29 Jul 2013, 01:15 am »
Wow Pete. I could look at that all day long. That's just spectacular. I love that.
It reminds me of some pics I shot off Pikes Peak.
I've also got some similar type rolling hills in the Smokey mountains.  I really like these kind of shots with the rolling hills with each "level" a shade fuzzier than the rest.

PeteG

« Reply #2210 on: 29 Jul 2013, 02:29 am »
Wow Pete. I could look at that all day long. That's just spectacular. I love that.
It reminds me of some pics I shot off Pikes Peak.
I've also got some similar type rolling hills in the Smokey mountains.  I really like these kind of shots with the rolling hills with each "level" a shade fuzzier than the rest.

Bob, I know what you mean I too love the look of mountain-layers, most of the shots were taken at over 14k feet at Mt. Evans. I had gloves, stocking hat and coat on and still froze could not feel my hands for a while but it was worth it.

This one was taken pre-sunrise and the wind was brutal.

PeteG

« Reply #2211 on: 29 Jul 2013, 02:33 am »
The END

IMG_0046a by drjlo1, on Flickr

Jon, Cool shot. How are you liking the EOS M.

Guy 13

« Reply #2212 on: 29 Jul 2013, 10:15 am »
Hi all Audio Circle members and (Professional and amateur) photographers.
So many nice pictures to look at lately.
I can't keep up with you guys.
I can only admire your work.

Guy 13

I want to post some of my pictures, but, our house is under renovation
and at the speed the Vietnamese works,
I might be able to take out of the sealed boxes (Lots of dust)
many nice pictures. (Nice to me anyway.)

We are now in the middle

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #2213 on: 29 Jul 2013, 12:39 pm »
Very cool Pete, I love that one too.
In contrast to your photos at 14,000 feet, these are a bit lower in North Carolina:

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #2214 on: 29 Jul 2013, 02:43 pm »
Hey Pete:

Very nice pictures!  :thumb:

My daughter and I were out in Denver the 1st week of June visiting my son.  We went on a hike up Chief Mountain.  He took it easy on me as it was only a two mile trail up to the summit which is where the below pics were taken.  One of us dropped a cherry and fast as a flash a little chipmunk appeared and quickly made that cherry his property.  :lol:  That particular picture is heavily cropped as it was taken with a Nikkor 17-35 lens.

Regards,

Randy

Don_S

« Reply #2215 on: 29 Jul 2013, 02:57 pm »
SET Man,

Great pic of the "Flatiron Building".  Is that the building they like to show in the TV series "White Collar"?

PeteG

« Reply #2216 on: 29 Jul 2013, 03:49 pm »
All great pictures guys, love mountain landscapes. Randy hope you had a good visit to Colorado.

Jon L

« Reply #2217 on: 29 Jul 2013, 07:49 pm »
Jon, Cool shot. How are you liking the EOS M.

EOS-M RAW files are familiar to me since it's basically the same sensor as my old 550D.  Compared to my 5D III files, there's less latitude in noise at high ISO and DR, but with some careful post-processing, I doubt casual onlookers will be able to tell the difference viewing them on their laptop screen. 

The fact is, this shot would not have existed if I didn't have my eos-m/22mm in my car as the beautiful light washed the freeway.  The best camera is the one you have on you at the time  :thumb:

And I'm really loving the 90EX flash acting as master to fire off an off-camera flash (580EX II).  People carrying their Samsung NX and Sony NEX cameras, but without a real flash, could not get the results I was getting with 580 EX II off-camera in my left hand, like below.

IMG_0070bw by drjlo1, on Flickr

bside123

« Reply #2218 on: 30 Jul 2013, 04:19 pm »
At family dinner last night, a few of us were talking about the occasional, but very rare, sighting over the years of Luna Moths at our Southern Illinois farm. Our conversation must have been overheard, as lo & behold, we were graced with a Luna Moth in one of the greenhouses on this very rainy morning. Damp and wet, with dark overcast skies, this not-so-little guy held still for a quick shot. Here's a portrait of one of the turkeys looking on, perhaps contemplating our Thanksgiving dinner. Maybe you've never seen a turkey this up close before!? All shots taken with a 50mm Macro, Prime Lens. No cropping of the images.

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #2219 on: 30 Jul 2013, 06:48 pm »
Just had smoked turkey thighs last night.   :thumb:

Very cool pics!

Regards,

Randy