Picture Of The Day

low.pfile

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #2020 on: 18 Apr 2013, 08:18 am »
Hi low.pfile and all Audio Circle members.
This is the kind of photo that I always wanted to make,
but never had the chance.

Guy 13
Guy, it's mostly a matter of having a camera with you to capture a moment. I know you have them. For me it's about training/experience. I try to shoot as often as I can no matter the subject. just being familiar with the gear. even the iPhone. I shoot just to understand my own eye, lighting, equipment, and timing. It's awesome when I get it right with 1 or 2 shots, I can't always rely on luck. I've been shooting film with 35mm, since since 1980, as a hobby, so i've been in training for a few years, as I still am. It's lots of fun!

Guy 13

« Reply #2021 on: 18 Apr 2013, 08:37 am »
Guy, it's mostly a matter of having a camera with you to capture a moment. I know you have them. For me it's about training/experience. I try to shoot as often as I can no matter the subject. just being familiar with the gear. even the iPhone. I shoot just to understand my own eye, lighting, equipment, and timing. It's awesome when I get it right with 1 or 2 shots, I can't always rely on luck. I've been shooting film with 35mm, since since 1980, as a hobby, so i've been in training for a few years, as I still am. It's lots of fun!
I always carry with me (Under my motorcycle seat) a small film camera (Olympus Infinity) but the only thing I can shoot is motocycle accidents and believe me,
accident are never pretty here in Vietnam.
I've being telling my Vietnamese wife that in Vietnam it's not an accident,
it's an incident, so many accidents, that to me it's an incident.
500 deaths every month and during the Vietnamese New Year it goes up to 1,000 even if now the protective helmet is mandatory.
I wonder what I am doing here in Vietnam.
I should be in Canada, it's safter in my home country.
O.K. enough complaning.
Back to outr regular programming.

Guy 13

charmerci

« Reply #2022 on: 22 Apr 2013, 09:19 pm »

This photo of a Rodin sculpture was taken with my friend's Leica when I was living in Paris.

Jon L

« Reply #2023 on: 4 May 2013, 02:08 am »
The Dance

EOSD2348bw by drjlo1, on Flickr

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2024 on: 4 May 2013, 04:41 am »
I always carry with me (Under my motorcycle seat) a small film camera (Olympus Infinity) but the only thing I can shoot is motocycle accidents and believe me,
accident are never pretty here in Vietnam.
I've being telling my Vietnamese wife that in Vietnam it's not an accident,
it's an incident, so many accidents, that to me it's an incident.
500 deaths every month and during the Vietnamese New Year it goes up to 1,000 even if now the protective helmet is mandatory.
I wonder what I am doing here in Vietnam.
I should be in Canada, it's safter in my home country.
O.K. enough complaning.
Back to outr regular programming.

Guy 13
I thought awhile back, Guy, you had said you were relocating to Canada.  My mistake or did something change?

WireNut

« Reply #2025 on: 4 May 2013, 06:56 am »

hmmm
« Last Edit: 4 May 2013, 01:09 pm by WireNut »

Guy 13

« Reply #2026 on: 4 May 2013, 12:48 pm »
I thought awhile back, Guy, you had said you were relocating to Canada.  My mistake or did something change?

Hi jimdgoulding and all Audio Circle members.
Yes, at that time, I did say I was relocating to (moving back to my home country) Canada.
No, you did not make a mistake and yes, something has changed.
Here is what happened.
I did go/move back to Canada on March 2012 with all my belonging; I stayed in Canada for three months and since I did not carefully plan my move back, I ran out of money. (Living in Canada is way more expensive than staying in Vietnam)
Therefore, I came back to Vietnam, where it cost me nothing to live. Our house is paid for and the housing tax is only 30 USD a year and all the other expenses are within my miserable salary my wife pays me.
Now, I am preparing my move back to Canada much more carefully.
Once in Canada, at first, I will be living on only my monthly retirement pension of 1,100.00 Cnd $ and later on, I will try to get a part time job that should add to that about 850.00 Cnd $
with that I should be able to survive until I die.
Once back in Canada, I won’t be able anymore to buy expensive audio stuff.
Well, that’s life, when I was living in Canada I had my own business and made tons of money, but careless me, I did not think for one second that one day, I could need that money.
Of course I have money here in Vietnam, but it’s very difficult to get the money out of this communist country.
But my Vietnamese wife will help me, if she wants me to sponsor her to Canada.
There it is, the story of my life, now you know.
I have nothing to hide and I am sorry if I did not make my move back to Vietnam clearer.
If you want to go more in details, no problem with me, just ask.

Guy 13 

won ton on

« Reply #2027 on: 4 May 2013, 02:03 pm »
Guy 13..........Why not just stay in Vietnam as the cost of living seems to be so low.If you come back to Canada will the wife be coming too,or does she even want to come with you.After living in Vietnam you are sure to hate the weather back here.

Phil A

« Reply #2028 on: 12 May 2013, 08:58 pm »
Pileated Woodpecker Nest

PeteG

« Reply #2029 on: 13 May 2013, 02:15 am »
Phil, nice shot. They look crazy with that red mohawk, wish we had them in Colorado.

Guy 13

« Reply #2030 on: 13 May 2013, 05:43 am »
Guy 13..........Why not just stay in Vietnam as the cost of living seems to be so low.If you come back to Canada will the wife be coming too,or does she even want to come with you.After living in Vietnam you are sure to hate the weather back here.

Hi won ton on and all Audio Circle members.
Sorry for my very, very late reply to your post.
I was sure that I had answer and comment your post, but, look like my write up never reached destination.
Sorry about that.
You wonder why I don’t want to stay in Vietnam where the cost of living is very low.
If I want to go back to my home country Canada despite the fact that the cost of living is much higher than Vietnam, it’s because Vietnam is not my country and Canada is my home country where I was born and where I stay a good part of my life.
In addition in Canada you have choice, lots of choice, not like Vietnam where get what they have, not what you have.
Canada is a safer country compared to Vietnam.
I don’t know if you are Vietnamese and if you ever lived in Vietnam, but if you come here in Vietnam for a few years, you will understand what I mean.
My wife will come join me, but first I have to sponsor her after I can prove to the Canadian government that I can support her financially.
Even if we have been married for 18 years, look as if I still have to go thru lots of red tape.
My wife and I did a trip to Canada four years ago in the month of July and she loves Canada (Montreal, Quebec).
Of course she loves Canada a civilized country.
I know that the Canadian winter will be hard of my old bones (65 years old) but I am ready to suffer a little or even a lot, to be in my home country.
Almost 20 years in Vietnam with 30C/92F+ almost all year round, my body is not use to cold anymore. I know, it wont be easy, but that’s live.
BY the way, may I ask you where exactly do you live on this planet and what’s your original nationality?

Guy 13

Guy 13

« Reply #2031 on: 13 May 2013, 09:48 am »
Hi all Audio Circle members.

My wife's flower(s).

Downtown view from my house's roof !
You can see the pollution and humidity partially hazing the view.

Grey sky = Rain coming...

That's all for now.

Guy 13

bside123

« Reply #2032 on: 13 May 2013, 05:12 pm »

Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear - Blue Bunting Trying to Make Sense of a Car Window

bside123

« Reply #2033 on: 13 May 2013, 06:11 pm »

To no avail, they're still try to get into the car. :scratch: Now, it's time for a car wash!  :duh:

won ton on

« Reply #2034 on: 13 May 2013, 07:50 pm »
Guy 13.......I live in s Ont. just west of Toronto,and no i've never been to Vietnam.I'm Canadian(born in TO. many years ago). It seems as if the government is all about red tape. You must also qualify for a pension of some kind here. Even if the weather is not the best i can't think of anywhere else i'd rather live. Anyway good luck hope you get back here sooner rather than later and your wife too.                             

Scott

diofan56

« Reply #2035 on: 13 May 2013, 07:55 pm »
A Hummingbird doing its thing at the Glen Canyon dam visitor center.

PeteG

« Reply #2036 on: 13 May 2013, 08:07 pm »
Two young ones, once the leaves pop you will never know that they are there.

JohnR

« Reply #2037 on: 14 May 2013, 09:24 am »
Aww... That's nice  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2038 on: 14 May 2013, 10:56 am »
Phil, nice shot. They look crazy with that red mohawk, wish we had them in Colorado.

Pete, thanks.  They are actually in FL where I just bought a place and will be relocating early next year.  I never saw one until several months back and was surprised how big the adults are.  They are on a wooded preserve right behind the house (they are about 50 feet up).  I have seen but not been able to get a good shot of the bald eagles that live on the wooded preserve yet.

nathanm

« Reply #2039 on: 14 May 2013, 02:57 pm »