Are *Wii* nuts?

Mariusz

Are *Wii* nuts?
« on: 23 Dec 2008, 02:49 am »
Christmas around the corrner.
All the presents are bought and ready with a shinny red ribbons .......... and all.

My daughter (9yo) did exceptionally well at school and other activities which she is very committed to and spends her extra free time gaining new skills. Reward was in order and
I thought we were all set.............man I was wrong.

(few months back I propose that we should get her Wii gaming system with music pack, guitar hero and rest of that crap.....she ("W") hated the idea then)
Now (this morning), in the last minute my wife asked me: "I think we should get her the Wii, can you get it after work?".
My jaw dropped. Now !!!!!!!! ........you'
be got to be kidding me. ( I said to myself)

So, as I assumed from the get go that it is going to be close to impossible .......and  (3h later and 5 different stores)........they are ALL sold out (as I thought) and there is NO way to get it before Christmas.

Now , since my daughter still believes (or is just polishing her acting routine.....) in Santa .................what should I tell her?????? or just get her a Toys"R"us gift card along with other things she asked Santa for and tell her that he was busy?

I hate Wii around Christmas  
L ................ kids are just nuts about it I guess. 

Does anyone knows where and when is the next expected shipment. I do not have any sources.........maybe you do?

Thanks
and Merry Christmas

Mariusz 

« Last Edit: 26 Dec 2008, 01:54 pm by Mariusz »

hayden

Re: Are *Wii* nuts?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 2008, 04:24 am »
Check your local craigslist.  I live in the middle of nowhere and there have been about a dozen listed in the last few days.

JP

Mariusz

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2008, 04:23 am »
Thanks JP
actually I found one place (this morning) that will have them a day after Christmas.
I just need to get up early in the morning since they expect no more then 10 pieces and first come, first served apply.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year

Mariusz
« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2008, 05:35 pm by Mariusz »

Mariusz

« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2008, 05:29 pm »
Update - I got it.
It's the miracle.
If someone in NYC is interested - game shop pro on 1st Av and 19th street still got few left ......they keep it low profile so you might get lucky.

Happy Holidays to all

Mariusz

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #4 on: 25 Dec 2008, 04:47 am »
Wow - congratulations - its nice to be able to make it happen for Christmas!

Toka

« Reply #5 on: 25 Dec 2008, 05:18 am »
Nice score!  8) When I was a young lad and didn't get the toy I just HAD to have (due to big demand and short supply), my parents simply gave me a note (from Santa, of course), telling me that the elf who made the toy was sick and it couldn't be ready in time...and that he would get it to me ASAP. Had it a week later, no worse for the wear. Didn't let my parents have a fire in the fireplace until then, though.  :oops:

MaxCast

« Reply #6 on: 25 Dec 2008, 05:19 pm »
Santa brought a wii for the kids for Cmas.  So far so good.  Gotta get rechargers, more remotes, more games etc.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #7 on: 25 Dec 2008, 05:36 pm »
Ditto here Rich.
So far, I've resisted the temptation to get off my chair and jump around like a jackass.  :lol:
But it's fun watching the family.
But yea, we "need" more games, controllers etc.... as well.
Be sure to get "Wii Sports", since it comes with several games and another controller. Of course Dad (me) wants a shooter game and a driving game.  aa
I can only take so much of the "regular" games.

Bob

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 25 Dec 2008, 10:00 pm »

bundee1

« Reply #9 on: 26 Dec 2008, 12:59 am »
I think the Circuit City and Nintendo store in Midtown had plenty. If you still need one Ill see if I can make a call to a friend.

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 26 Dec 2008, 01:30 am »

Mariusz

« Reply #11 on: 26 Dec 2008, 05:18 am »
She was in heaven guys.
We played for few hours..........it is really cool toy.
4 games came with the Wii and I bought a Sport pack with extra controller.
We want to get winter sports II and Deca games as well as Fit.

Finally a game system that s fun and pro-active for the whole family.

What do you guys recommend or like for Wii????

Thanks everyone
Mariusz

yooper

« Reply #12 on: 26 Dec 2008, 07:19 am »
WarioWare:Smooth Moves is a blast.  More here..... http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/wariowaresmoothmoves

As far as other Wii games go, I recommend Metacritic.com (linked above) for a one stop review site which averages all reviews given for a particular game, then averages the final review score based on all reviews found through magazine publications and web review sites.  The site also links each independent review for you viewing pleasure. 

The top 20 all time high review scores are listed on the right side, click "view all Wii games by score" under number 20 "All time High scores" for an expanded scoring list.

Here is the Wii homepage section of Metacritic -  http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/

Of course, all consoles reviews including PC are available for reading as well if anyone is interested.  Simply choose your console of choice on the left side of screen.

Mark

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 26 Dec 2008, 12:29 pm »
jqp - Thanks for the links, those look fun. But I was thinking about one of the Need for Speed games for the driving.  aa

What do you guys recommend or like for Wii????
Not sure yet, but the kids got 6 more games from Grandma last night (Christmas), so I'll have some opinions fairly soon.

Bob

MaxCast

« Reply #14 on: 26 Dec 2008, 02:43 pm »
We played for few hours..........it is really cool toy.
Yes, it is.  I worked up a little sweet boxing my 8yo.  He is experienced and laid me out three times  :x

They got Guitar Hero last night at grandma/pas house.  We got home around 8:30 and I told them they could stay up as long as they wanted.  They barely made it till midnight.  But, they thought they we cool rocking out all night long  :rock:

Yes, thanks for the links everyone.  I ususally use gamespot but will have to check out the others.

Will definitely need two more sets of controllers and a rechargeable docking station.

Mariusz, I hope you don't mind us jumping in your thread.  :wave:

Mariusz

« Reply #15 on: 26 Dec 2008, 02:53 pm »
No, no .... that is cool.

Funny you mentioned boxing ... my arms still hurt from knocking out my wife in round 3.
A little payback for what she put me through.......

Yes, thanks for the links.
Very useful indeed.

Mariusz

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 26 Dec 2008, 03:18 pm »
Usually I go to "Gameskanker.com" for reviews, cheats, etc.... However, they don't have any Wii stuff at all.  :scratch:
I did find "Gamefaqs.com" had good Wii info.

"Game on Brothers!"

Bob

Mariusz

« Reply #17 on: 26 Dec 2008, 03:30 pm »
If anyone is interested. -
Parts Express has charging station with extra battery packs on special for $19.95

Mariusz