Harmon

REVIEW--IRD Purist Preamp
« on: 23 Sep 2003, 11:55 am »

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2003, 02:46 pm »
thanks for the link. How long after your order did you receive the Purist?

Harmon

Purist
« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2003, 04:09 pm »
Quote from: jqp
thanks for the link. How long after your order did you receive the Purist?

I ordered the Purist on a Monday and recieved it on Thursday.

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2003, 04:41 pm »
That is fast!

Curt

Re: REVIEW--IRD Purist Preamp
« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2003, 08:33 pm »
Quote from: Harmon
My review is up on AudioAsylum.

What an excellent, detailed review. I found the test music descriptions a very interesting read and quite informative.

When you said you were going to write "something" I didn't expect this  :o

Very well done and I thank you for your time and effort.

Now I'm going to go order a couple of the CDs you mentioned   :D

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 23 Sep 2003, 09:00 pm »
Yes a great review with lots of practical points I can relate to.

Add this one to your list - a fascinating story - have not found it on CD though - surely it exists (yep - here http://www.soundstage.com/gold07.htm:

"Finally, Jennifer-who'd left Arista in 1981-set about making that album. Famous Blue Raincoat: The Songs of Leonard Cohen, released in 1986, would go on to sell more than a million copies worldwide and remain a favorite of audiophile fans, who consider it the perfect musical sound recording. The album was certified platinum in Canada and one of its songs, "A Singer Must Die," was nominated for a Grammy award for "Best Vocal Arrangement" by Van Dyke Parks and Bill Ginn.

Co-produced with C. Roscoe Beck, Famous Blue Raincoat is a labor of love that is still lauded by critics around the world. The album-which includes a duet with Cohen on "Joan of Arc" and a written collaboration between the two, "Song of Bernadette"-was a professional triumph in more ways than one. Because she retained ownership of the Raincoat master tapes, Jennifer broke a long-established pattern of artistic domination by record labels. Her foresight set a precedent among recording artists who want to maintain ownership of their recorded performances."