My new Purist (1.01)

dgordonl

My new Purist (1.01)
« on: 5 Aug 2003, 04:17 am »
I wanted to thank Curt for getting my new Purist to me(rev 1.01) with the new shipment.I'm glad I deceided to finially give up my 13yr old Bryston(.5B)and upgrade.Just wanted to let everyone know if you are thinking about one (stop)just place the order!!You will be glad you did. :mrgreen:

My speakers are a set of (Vintage)Infinity RS1B's ,and the Mid/Tweet towers are powered by(you guessed it)Curt's MB-100's(which by the way started my road to upgrading),and matched with the Purist LLC 1.01 :D  I am in stereo heaven!!

Kudos Curt...Keep up the good work.

Doug

Curt

My new Purist (1.01)
« Reply #1 on: 6 Aug 2003, 02:08 pm »
Doug,

Thank you for your post and your kind words.

I'm pleased to hear the MB-100 monoblocks and Purist preamp are working out well for you. That amp/pre combo does sound pretty good together.

How well are the MB-100s driving the vintage Infinitys? Enough juice?

After you get more break-in time time on the Purist, if you have time, please tell us in a little more detail about what your hearing now and how it compares to the old components.

That would be an interesting read since you know the Bryston so well.

Thanks again, enjoy :D

JoshK

My new Purist (1.01)
« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2003, 05:42 pm »
I just got my Purist last Friday night.  I hooked it up immediately and started playing tunes while my wife and I unpacked our apartment after having just moved.  

By no means am I ready to do any kind of review but I wanted to make a couple of comments.  First off, my hats off to Curt who really went the extra mile to make the whole transaction very pleasant.  Customer service is not taken lightly it seems at IRD.  Second, the fit and finish of the Purist is fantastic, among the best I have seen in my experience in hi-fi.  The Purist is by no means the largest preamp I have owned, it is relatively small (short to be specific) but it is monsterously heavy for its size.   I always like that about a component even if it adds nothing to the sound, there is just something cool about a brick-s**thouse of a component.   It is a very very sharp looking preamp to boot!

As I said, I am not going to do a review just yet but I do have to say that I am not in the least dissapointed.  I am hearing very good things through my system right now and am recognizing why people have been raving.

I still can hardly believe that you can get this fit and finish as well as some of the best sonics I have heard in a preamp priced at $665!  That is the way hi-fi should be!

MaxCast

My new Purist (1.01)
« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2003, 06:43 pm »
Congrats on your new preamps, guys!!

I'd be happy to do a Sabai review.... :peek: