New Member from Bangkok

dukesir

New Member from Bangkok
« on: 7 Oct 2019, 08:00 am »
I've just registered to be member here. My goal is to explore how the audio community outside my country will be like. Thanks for accepting my registration and I look forward to learning and sharing with all of you.  :D :D :D

timind

• permanent vacation
Re: New Member from Bangkok
« Reply #1 on: 7 Oct 2019, 03:59 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information and people here.

What are you main interests?

toocool4

« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2019, 04:41 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle dukesir

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 7 Oct 2019, 04:42 pm »
Welcome Dukesir :thumb:

Blackmore

« Reply #4 on: 7 Oct 2019, 05:16 pm »
Welcome to Audiocircle

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 7 Oct 2019, 05:30 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC dukesir   :thumb:

ketcham

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 7 Oct 2019, 05:38 pm »
Welcome.  I would say the members here have a huge influence on how my system has evolved over the years.  There are always deals to be had and excellent insight.  Interestingly the industry participants represented here have to me proven to be the best in their crafts. 

-j

dukesir

« Reply #7 on: 8 Oct 2019, 01:04 am »
Thank you everyone here for the warm welcome.

@timind: My interests are largely on planar, tubes, and cheap & cheerful. Certainly, the vinyl circle also looks interesting.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #8 on: 8 Oct 2019, 11:15 am »
Thank you everyone here for the warm welcome.

@timind: My interests are largely on planar, tubes, and cheap & cheerful. Certainly, the vinyl circle also looks interesting.

Sorry, those three aren't normally compatible for in-room listening.  Pick two. 

Note that most planars, like Magnepans, are power hungry so tube amps would be huge, expensive, and produce lots of heat. 

mcgsxr

« Reply #9 on: 8 Oct 2019, 02:54 pm »
Welcome to AC!

I had some wonderful experiences on 3 islands in the southern part of Thailand in the mid 90's - Koh Samui, Koh Phanghan and Koh Tau.
« Last Edit: 8 Oct 2019, 05:25 pm by mcgsxr »

dukesir

« Reply #10 on: 8 Oct 2019, 03:38 pm »
@JLM: It appears that way that these three aren’t going well together in many people’s conceptualization. I have been using the Magnepan for almost 20 years, mating them, early on, with a good SS from Krell, Spectral, and Treshold, up until a friend of mind loaned me the first generation of VTL 450. I never returned those VTLs back to my friend. Those 450s had lived with me for 14 - 15 years before I sold them for a better pair of VTL, the Siegfried which is now feeding the 30.7. As for the “cheap & cheerful, I usually am fascinated by the gear that possesses a good value for money, like my recent purchase of Denon 103R cartridge and Lounge Copla step-up MC. They both are very good products and can go up against products that are a few times more expensive. if you would like me to pick two, they would be magnepan and tubes but I really am looking to learn and to share a lot more things than just two.

dukesir

« Reply #11 on: 8 Oct 2019, 03:49 pm »
Welcome to AC!

I had some wonderful experiences on 3 islands in the southern part of Thailand in the mid 90's - Koh Samui, Koh Panghan and Koh Tau.

I’m glad you like them. They are so beautiful. Thailand has quite a number of beautiful beaches and Island. Koh is island in Thai. Local people they really have a good service mind.

Phil A

« Reply #12 on: 8 Oct 2019, 03:53 pm »
Welcome!

ketcham

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 8 Oct 2019, 05:52 pm »
If you like planar speakers take a serious look at Ambience Reference series out of Australia. I owned them for 10 years.  They used rare earth magnets now common practice in the industry to give 97 db efficiency and have great bass extension which can be powered by tube gear.  I recommend 20W or greater for the slam and dynamics. 

dukesir

« Reply #14 on: 9 Oct 2019, 01:39 am »
@Phil A: Thank you

@ketcham : Thanks for sharing. I look them up briefly. They look good. I will explore some more.