Netflix: What to watch?

SlushPuppy and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. Read 197266 times.

Lkdog

Re: Netflix: What to watch?
« Reply #560 on: 20 Dec 2020, 06:16 am »
I agree about Queen’s Gambit-one of the best series I’ve watched on Netflix.

:popcorn:  Its awesome. Some great music, too.

stlrman

« Reply #561 on: 21 Dec 2020, 01:22 am »
We really enjoyed Bloodline !!

phonitor

« Reply #562 on: 21 Dec 2020, 02:24 am »

I love the soundtrack. I keep watching the final chess game repeatedly.

jonbee

« Reply #563 on: 21 Dec 2020, 06:39 am »
I love the soundtrack. I keep watching the final chess game repeatedly.
I must mention Beth's drunken dance to "Venus" in Ep 6. One of the sexiest things I've seen in some time,  accomplished without actual sex or nudity. Not that I care about such things! :roll:
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2020, 04:17 pm by jonbee »

Craig B

« Reply #564 on: 21 Dec 2020, 02:19 pm »
I have no idea if this has been mentioned in the 29 pages of this thread, but I thought "Godless" was one of the best short-run series I've ever seen on television. Great story, gorgeous production, amazing actors, and the chance to see Jeff Daniels cast against type as one of the most amoral villains you'll ever find. It also features Michelle Dockery (Downton Abbey) and Thomas Brodie-Sangster (The Queen's Gambit, Game of Thrones).

jonbee

« Reply #565 on: 21 Dec 2020, 04:16 pm »
Godless was very good!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #566 on: 21 Dec 2020, 04:26 pm »
  Narcos Mexico if not mentioned already

charles

WGH

« Reply #567 on: 28 Dec 2020, 06:03 pm »

Death to 2020 is a most of the time funny satire of the year 2020. Filmed in a mockumentary style by Black Mirror creators Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones it features Samuel L. Jackson, Hugh Grant, Kumail Nanjiani, Lisa Kudrow, Leslie Jones, Cristin Milioti, and Tracey Ullman as the Queen of England. It's all pretty hilarious, everyone is skewered although some are poked more than others.

The film starts with Dash Bracket (Samuel Jackson), a reporter for the New Yorkerly News, asking the interviewer "What's this for?"
The off screen interviewer says: "It's a look back over the year, we're redoing the events of 2020."
Jackson replies: "Why the f**k would you want to do that?"

Tracy Ullman as the Queen

Charles Calkins

« Reply #568 on: 28 Dec 2020, 09:50 pm »

Sorry to say this The Queens Gambit SUCKS!!!! BORING!!!! BORING!!! BORING!!!

Stercom

« Reply #569 on: 29 Dec 2020, 03:07 am »
     Sorry to say this The Queens Gambit SUCKS!!!! BORING!!!! BORING!!! BORING!!!

You must have an attention span of a squirrel. 

WGH

« Reply #570 on: 29 Dec 2020, 04:24 am »
Squirrel! Reminds me of Dug from 'Up'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Whul3I9_l8

Still available on Disney+

WGH

« Reply #571 on: 29 Dec 2020, 04:48 am »

Alice in Borderland has a lot more action than 'The Queen's Gambit'.

The series is adapted from a Japanese suspense manga series. Three friends are trapped in a post-apocalyptic parallel world in which they are forced to participate in risky, violent, dangerous and deadly games in order to survive. While racing to solve timed complex puzzles they set out to unravel one mystery after another as the bodies pile up.

Tightly edited with short 30 minute episodes you have just enough time for your heart to slow down before the next episode starts.

With a 96% RT Audience Score Netflix already renewed 'Alice in Borderland' for season 2.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/alice_in_borderland

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Otinell

• Looking to learn
« Reply #572 on: 29 Dec 2020, 04:09 pm »
Hi.
Bridgerton was good

Kray

« Reply #573 on: 1 Jan 2021, 01:38 am »
i and my wife have recently gotten into "Virgin River" on netflix - it is a charming series - set in a little town -  supposedly in northern california (its not a real town though) - It was really filmed in a place near vancouver    Nothing really happens except daily dramas between members of the community and run ins with illegal marijuana growers

whats notable is the cast - Tim Matheson of animal house fame and the west wing and a host of other notable movies in the 80's and 90's - and Annette O'Toole made a host of movies in the 1980's and 90's

If the world ended - these people would be the last to know about it - its a beautiful place with a lot of backward small town language but O'Toole's acting chops and the star alexandra brekinridge (mel) - steal the series

My wife watches that (which means I got hooked too :D) and it's really like a modern day soap opera

Charles Calkins

« Reply #574 on: 2 Jan 2021, 12:28 am »

Yestersay I watched on netflix the movie"Greater" Very good the story of a walk on football
  player going to Arkansa college. True story. Kind of a tragic ending. He was killed in a car wreck.
  only 22 years old

Charlie

jonbee

« Reply #575 on: 16 Jan 2021, 12:03 am »
Try Lupin, a French made crime series. 5 episodes. Very clever, well made and acted. Well worth the time, imo.

fridays

« Reply #576 on: 16 Jan 2021, 03:47 am »
Thanks Charlie for ruining it

WGH

« Reply #577 on: 16 Jan 2021, 04:19 am »

Season 3 of Disenchantment just dropped. The series reminds me of Fractured Fairy Tales (1959 - 1964) narrated by Edward Everett Horton but with a very adult telling. The series follows Bean, King Zøg's daughter through many mis-adventures. Every scene has multiple layers of satire, I re-wind a lot to see what I missed.

Created by Matt Groening who also drew the comic strip Life in Hell and the television series The Simpsons and Futurama. Akbar and Jeff also make appearances, too much fun.

WGH

« Reply #578 on: 23 Jan 2021, 09:24 pm »

Shaun the Sheep: The Farmer's Llamas was released in 2015 but somehow I missed it. Wild and wacky stop motion animation by the same people who brought you Wallace and Gromit. Non-stop action is fun for everyone with basically no dialog, communication is in dog, sheep and llama language. 30 minutes of smiles.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

FreddyJ

« Reply #579 on: 29 Jan 2021, 03:28 pm »
Try Lupin, a French made crime series. 5 episodes. Very clever, well made and acted. Well worth the time, imo.

We enjoyed Lupin very much! Wish there was more!