Yet Another Cheap Tube / Hybrid Integrated Amplifier

Wind Chaser

In my on going search for another small inexpensive amp I noticed $150 will buy a Grant Fidelity A-1 "Cube" Hybrid Integrated Amplifier Not as pretty as the Miniwatt but has about the same power output.

I'm leaning more towards the Miniwatt, but I am also considering the Dayens Ampino.  There's an integrated version of the Audio Sector Patek for $800 which is also very tempting... not quite as cheap, but very cheerful.  Decisions, decisions.

Mariusz

Re: Yet Another Cheap Tube / Hybrid Integrated Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2009, 10:21 pm »
Hey Wind Chaser

MiniWatt is very nice if used in the right setup. (I have compared it to my Decware monos and can share my findings if anyone is interested)
It doesn't mean that we should drop the ball and settle down without exploring other possibilities.

Ampino integrated amp:
According to Zoran Dobrin of Dayens Audio, AudioCircle tour unit is about ready and will be shipped pretty soon. I definitely am looking forward to this one.
 One of the reasons is its favorable review on 6moons by Ebean Srajan (his ear and preferences are similar to my own).
And second, giving a SS amp another chance ( yes, I have used SS in my system before  :oops:).
Besides the above mentioned points, it is reasonably priced & convenient.
Vinnie of RWA might be able to provide one of his battery power supplies for Ampino amp and that too sound like an interesting concept to explore.

I have also contacted new kid on the block in audio industry in regards to their upcoming product which caught my eye. Company is located in Canada and they will come out with compact, full-featured (balance as well as RCA out) monoblocks in the 2nd quarter  of next year.  They also might be interested in participating in future AudioCircle tour.........we will see if that can be arranged? :wink:

Jolida's new flea tube amp is another integrated which might be worth checking out. I will try to get that as well for AudioCircle members pleasure in the near future. :drool:

P.S
(No affiliation with this retailer)
I never bought anything from them but Pacific Valve has some inexpensive offerings on their website as well. Again, I have no experience with PV whatsoever and can't comment on their service or products they carry.

Best
Mariusz

pardales

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2009, 12:07 am »
Love the Miniwatt. Hope to be on the Ampino tour.   :D

Mariusz

« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2009, 12:16 am »
Me too. :lol:

Mariusz :thumb: