Describe your sound for me - without speakers right now and in withdrawal!

drgn95

Jeez.... How many then are ahead of me? :?

Big Red Machine

Jeez.... How many then are ahead of me? :?

Maybe they are yours then?

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
Hey wait, there are some soundscapes in line there somewhere

Big Red Machine

Hey wait, there are some soundscapes in line there somewhere

Dude, I saw yours in progress and they are going to be absolutely over the top.  I hope yours are not done near when mine are so I don't have to live in your shadow!!!

Big Red Machine

And wait until you see the next pair of SongTowers about to be packed!  A color never before done by Salk Sound.  Wild!!!

audiotom

• for everything music
Pete

Thanks

I was prodding hoping to get you to comment from your frequent visits to the shop

Can't wait

The hardest part is picking out the wood
Especially since I have waterfall burbinga Ht3s like your old ones

I'll gladly jump farther back in the line to get music flowing to the aural enlightenment man cave

Thanks Jim!

Big Red Machine

You made a stunning choice.  I am having Jim make up a couple of samples to show me how a dye over my veneer would look.  I am nervous about putting anything with color over my particular veneer.

Pete

Thanks

I was prodding hoping to get you to comment from your frequent visits to the shop

Can't wait

The hardest part is picking out the wood
Especially since I have waterfall burbinga Ht3s like your old ones

I'll gladly jump farther back in the line to get music flowing to the aural enlightenment man cave

Thanks Jim!

Kinger

Sounds like somebody needs to drag his ST's into the listening room until the new speakers arrive :)

audiotom

• for everything music
Pete

I was looking for more figuring than grain and with some enhanced dye to bring the reddish element out.  Jim suggested the "etched" dye stain and sand technique to enhance the contrast in the wood.

Jim really has a way of helping you converge on wood types and has great suggestions in enhancing them to an art form.  What a privaledge to have a pair of fabulous speakers hand crafted by a Jim - a man so passionate about his work that it's like he was building each pair for himself.

Enjoy choosing from the various dye samples

Big Red Machine

Sounds like somebody needs to drag his ST's into the listening room until the new speakers arrive :)

Then I kill the movie deal!!  Besides, for sophisticated audiosnobs like me, a lowly ST isn't gonna cut it!!

ANd then there's the fact that Jim has all my shelves for painting so all my gear is on the floor.  And I am building new cables as well.