Hypex NCore USA Tour 2012 ***(This tour has been filled)***

TomS

Re: Hypex NCore USA Tour 2012
« Reply #20 on: 12 Apr 2012, 07:24 pm »
I have adapters as well, just let me know, and I'll ship them wherever it needs to go.

Glad to see the tour happening. That way, people can know first hand of the performance of these amps which will answer numerous questions I am sure.

Anand.
I have a kit all assembled to accompany them along the way, just waiting to hear back from Jason.

Rclark

« Reply #21 on: 12 Apr 2012, 09:05 pm »
I'd love to be on the list just to see how it was built before I buy em. Would need RCA adapters if ya got em.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: 12 Apr 2012, 09:56 pm »
I've updated the list with the current emails with all the info.  I've sent responses to some who monikers I don't know. 

I'll say that you're more then welcome to send in the request but keep in mind that it most likely will not make it as this is a huge tour.  I've commited to 3 months. 

I've gone ahead and ordered another pair of amps b/c I don't have amps now and I need music.  Those are a month away too. 

I know there will not be a Canada tour for sure from me.  Sorry. 
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2012, 12:17 am by jtwrace »

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #23 on: 12 Apr 2012, 10:18 pm »
You will need to provide two power cords as I shipped them without power cords.  Also, they do not have faceplates on them as I didn't want them to get ruined as I spend quite a bit of time making them.  Last, please be careful with these.  These are my personal units and I'd like for them to come back how they left which is in perfect condition. 

^^^^^^^^^^              ^^^^^^^^^          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It might be important to emphasize part of Jason's statement from above. There are no faceplates which mean the power supplies are right out in front where they could be touched. I'm not aware enough to say whether this poses a physical threat but, if you have small children, caution would be wise. There are surely dangerous voltages in there somewhere and nothing to shield them from your kids curious fingers.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #24 on: 12 Apr 2012, 11:11 pm »

I figured the dog sleds up here in Canada would be too slow for the tour. But worth asking. It's really snowing up here right now.

I used adapters with built-in jumpers on the source end with full XLR cables to the amps, as recommended in the Hypex data sheet. I did not try it the other way around using RCA cables with the adapters/jumpers on the amp end.

Tom, can you share any info on these jumpers, as well as where to buy them?

Rocket_Ronny

TomS

« Reply #25 on: 13 Apr 2012, 12:42 am »

Tom, can you share any info on these jumpers, as well as where to buy them?

Rocket_Ronny
User "Ehous" on Audiogon or "ehous31900" on gmail. $30/pair, internally jumper'd on cold pin to ground, very sturdy, gold pins, and work great. I bought a few sets of each type. He ships quickly. I'm sending two each #1's and #4's to Zybar for the tour.

Updated pricing and link to Ed's current Audiogon ad: http://app.audiogon.com/listings/xlr-to-rca-adapters-gold-contacts--9 but I'd just send him an email directly.

« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2012, 12:12 pm by TomS »

Rocket_Ronny

• ScriptureSongs.com
Re: Hypex NCore USA Tour 2012 (This tour has been filled)
« Reply #26 on: 13 Apr 2012, 01:48 am »

Nice, thank you.

Did you go to the effort of taking the picture for the answer? If so, thanks again.

Rocket_Slightly Unbalanced_Ronny

Rocket_Ronny

• ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #27 on: 13 Apr 2012, 01:56 am »

Just drove the car to pick up my son's friend. It started snowing a few hours ago and it was easily the worst driving conditions all winter. Traction control was going bonkers and I was white knuckling all the while trying not to slip off into the ditch. Wet snow freezing on the road while the top is Slurpee sloppy.

Ah, nice to back to the computer rig. Mac laptop, usb into a Xindak xa6950(09) into Volent VL-2s. This rig has given me tremendous satisfaction. I have a hard time shutting it down at night.

Rocket_Ronny

maxwalrath

« Reply #28 on: 13 Apr 2012, 02:00 am »
We could make it two stops in Philly then.  Email sent.

Looks like you didn't get in on the list...welcome to come by and hear it at my place or I could bring it by to hear in your system before I send it on to the next destination.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: 13 Apr 2012, 02:08 am »
Looks like you didn't get in on the list...welcome to come by and hear it at my place or I could bring it by to hear in your system before I send it on to the next destination.
He is on the list.  Also, do not expect to just forward the amps according the to the list.  Things can change as people may have a conflict that week. 

Again, these are my amps that I purchased that are out of my system.  I'm ampless so it's very important to listen and then move them to the next person.  If you can do it in a day or two that is very much appreciated. 

maxwalrath

« Reply #30 on: 13 Apr 2012, 02:18 am »
He is on the list. 

I need to work on my reading. Didn't see PA and jumped to conclusions.

wilsynet

« Reply #31 on: 13 Apr 2012, 09:43 pm »
Again, these are my amps that I purchased that are out of my system.  I'm ampless so it's very important to listen and then move them to the next person.  If you can do it in a day or two that is very much appreciated.

You are incredibly generous.  I'll keep my audition to 1 day.

mjock3

« Reply #32 on: 13 Apr 2012, 10:22 pm »
Jason, Very nice gesture on your part.  :thumb:

Anyone on the list from Wisconsin? Maybe I would be able to hear them. Although I have already bit the bullet and ordered them, it will be a while before they arrive.
Sorry I didn't see you had the states listed.

Thanks,
Mark
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2012, 01:46 am by mjock3 »

roscoeiii

« Reply #33 on: 13 Apr 2012, 10:45 pm »
I am in Chicago, and if other ACers want to check the ncore out while I have it, we could see about arranging something.

Rclark

« Reply #34 on: 13 Apr 2012, 11:19 pm »
That is really nice JT, it kinda makes me wanna send my ERC-2 out and see what people think of it.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #35 on: 13 Apr 2012, 11:26 pm »
Jason's amps are in Fruita, Colorado this weekend. You can arrange to hear them here if you PM me and you don't mind traveling pretty far out of your way. Audiophilia may be illegal around these parts because, AFAIK, there are no others. Please don't turn me in. The amps might be seized as evidence when they arrest me.

Seriously though, if it is feasible for you to get here, you will be welcomed.

OzarkTom

« Reply #36 on: 13 Apr 2012, 11:51 pm »
Jason is a very good man for letting his Ncores out. I am in Missouri if you can find the time to ship them here.

One day for me is all I need.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: 14 Apr 2012, 12:00 am »
Jason is a very good man for letting his Ncores out. I am in Missouri if you can find the time to ship them here.

One day for me is all I need.
As noted this tour has been filled.

OzarkTom

« Reply #38 on: 14 Apr 2012, 12:19 am »
As noted this tour has been filled.

Do you need to borrow an amp while yours is on tour? I have a new TBI Millenia Class D amp that I can loan you until you get yours back.

Rclark

« Reply #39 on: 14 Apr 2012, 12:23 am »

If you come somehow fit Tom in really quick I'd love his impressions. Tom's the man. I believe him when he says just a day and then onto the next guy.