Salk WOW1 speaker

skulik3

Salk WOW1 speaker
« on: 11 Jul 2019, 10:29 pm »
Has anyone on the forum auditioned this small front port Salk speaker?  I am looking for a small high quality speaker that I can place in a bookshelf.  My room size is small at 10 X 13 feet ( 10 foot high ceiling).  I have considered other speakers from another company with a Raal tweeter.  One is bigger, and another model smaller, but have not listened to them. I have auditioned several bookshelf speakers by Dynaudio, Totem, Marlin Logan, B and W, and KEF. Unfortunately they do not seem right, or they are not the right size.  The WOW1 is about the right size for my application.  Any feedback from members that has heard this speaker will be helpful. Thanks

grizzog

Re: Salk WOW1 speaker
« Reply #1 on: 3 Sep 2019, 11:55 am »
I have the WOW1. I've got them set up on a 60" wide desk and they are used as near-field monitors at my computer. In this setting, I cannot imagine another set of speakers sounding better. I've gone through countless monitors and these are by far the best in my situation.

My room is also about the same size as yours, but with a ~7.5-8ft ceiling. I tried them sitting at about 8ft back and they are quite good at that distance as well. For near-field, they are spectacular. For mid (8ft) they are quite good, but I didn't listen that long to really see what they could do since that wasn't my intended application. The closest competitors to these, from my experience with your listed brands would be the KEF R300. That's a much bigger speaker and the WOW1 matches their bass output. Imaging is also spot on with the WOW as it is with the KEF's and their coax mid/high.

Sound is very subjective, but for me, these small monitors have a great tonality. It's rare to have a monitor that has the fullness in voices that larger speakers have, but the WOW1s accomplish this. I'd definitely recommend them.

Goosepond

• Virna!
Re: Salk WOW1 speaker
« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2019, 03:46 pm »
I pretty much agree with grizzog as I'm also using mine near-field on my desk. And they are soooo goodlooking!!! :green:

Gene