Questions for AV123 Rep.

RawB8figure

Questions for AV123 Rep.
« on: 16 Oct 2007, 03:59 am »
want to buy a set of strata minis, do you ship to canada. And is the free shipping offer apply to canada. How long are these prices going to be here for. Also want to get some package info for a friends HT.
I tried emailing you guys a few days ago but no reply.

Thanks,
Rob

John Casler

Re: Questions for AV123 Rep.
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2007, 06:33 am »
want to buy a set of strata minis, do you ship to canada. And is the free shipping offer apply to canada. How long are these prices going to be here for. Also want to get some package info for a friends HT.
I tried emailing you guys a few days ago but no reply.

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob,

I am an AV123 dealer, and will post you the info you need.

jn316

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2007, 05:53 pm »
Are you?

To the best of my knowledge, AV123 doesn't have any dealers, they are internet direct.

Rob, call AV123. That's the best way to discuss this.

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2007, 06:28 pm »
Are you?

To the best of my knowledge, AV123 doesn't have any dealers, they are internet direct.

Hi Jn,

Yes there are but a handfull of AV123 dealers like Wally, myself, and I think Warner.

http://www.av123.com/summitav.html

Multiple inquiries to different sources can create confusion, so we are not set up to compete.

RawB8figure

« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2007, 06:49 pm »
Why doesnt AV123 return emails. I want to buy speakers today, but cant find out if they ship to canada and if the current sales offer applies to canadians

jn316

« Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2007, 06:56 pm »
My apologies!

After 13xx posts on the AV123 forum, you'd think I'd known that.

Gary

Are you?

Hi Jn,

Yes there are but a handfull of AV123 dealers like Wally, myself, and I think Warner.

http://www.av123.com/summitav.html

Multiple inquiries to different sources can create confusion, so we are not set up to compete.

jn316

« Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2007, 06:58 pm »
Why doesnt AV123 return emails. I want to buy speakers today, but cant find out if they ship to canada and if the current sales offer applies to canadians

Pretty much anybody and everybody they have employed, and others, were helping out at the RMAF this weekend. They probably have hundreds of emails to get to, and they worked their tails off this weekend. As I said before, if you need them now, the best way is to call them.

Good luck!
Gary

Oh, and I think "yes" is the answer to both your questions, but I don't work for them.

John Casler

« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2007, 07:04 pm »

Hi Rob,

Received your PM.

If you have already posted pricing questions to AV123, it is better to maintain that route.

I am sure the slightly slow response is due to everyone still recovering and cleaning up from RMAF.

There is no doubt that the special and the speakers can be shipped to Canada.

I wasn't able to find the "shipping" special you mentioned.

As far as finish, it is always hard to beat the matching Rosewood in everything, including the ONIX .05's which are a great little speaker.

There is no "perfect match" for the Mini as far as a center channel, but I think the RSC200 will not dissapoint.

I am sure you will hear from AV123 directly today or tomorrow. They are ususally very prompt, but "post show" response is an exception.

If there is anything else, I can answer for you let me know.

John Casler

« Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2007, 07:20 pm »
My apologies!

After 13xx posts on the AV123 forum, you'd think I'd known that.

Gary

Hi Gary,

No problem, most keep a low profile (except Wally) since we generally offer the products to help our clients, and as mentioned try to keep confusion at a minimum.

RawB8figure

« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2007, 07:46 pm »
does the glossy rosewood look cheap. what would you guys pick satin or gloss if they were the same price.

TomS

« Reply #10 on: 16 Oct 2007, 07:49 pm »
I have Piano Rosewood 760's as well as Satin Rosewood RSC200 and neither of them looks "cheap".  The Piano finish is absolutely flawless and looks fantastic in my theater.

John Casler

« Reply #11 on: 16 Oct 2007, 08:13 pm »
does the glossy rosewood look cheap. what would you guys pick satin or gloss if they were the same price.

I would choose the Piano Gloss as a "richer" look, but if they are used in a front projection HT system, and close to the screen, the satin would be a bit better.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 16 Oct 2007, 08:36 pm »
I had some Onix Ref 1's in the glossy Rosewood, and they looked fantastic to me.

jn316

« Reply #13 on: 18 Oct 2007, 08:08 pm »

I would choose the Piano Gloss as a "richer" look, but if they are used in a front projection HT system, and close to the screen, the satin would be a bit better.

That's exactly why I've chosen the satin...don't want light reflections off my speakers during movies. This may not bother some, but I kind of like the satin look anyway.

John Casler

« Reply #14 on: 18 Oct 2007, 08:25 pm »

That's exactly why I've chosen the satin...don't want light reflections off my speakers during movies. This may not bother some, but I kind of like the satin look anyway.

The devil is in the details aa

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
« Reply #15 on: 23 Oct 2007, 03:17 pm »
Everyone - thanks for the help here.  We are indeed SITLL recovering from RMAF... wow...what a great show and response we got there.  Our inboxes and VM boxes overfloweth ;)

We are working late nights to get caught up; if you are waiting on a reply, rest assured we are not slighting you ... we just answer every email with our undivided attention and that takes a little longer ... worth it in the end though :)

Thanks!

Sean