AV123 Forum not available?

wje

Re: AV123 Forum not available?
« Reply #120 on: 21 Nov 2008, 04:09 pm »
There was a significant hardware failure of main and backup systems.  I've got my domains back already and I'm uploading files now but AV123 will take longer as they had slightly more data :)
Well, you could just not load all of the "bitching and groaning" posts - that would make the load time about 50% faster.  :thumb:

Stereodude

« Reply #121 on: 21 Nov 2008, 04:35 pm »
There was a significant hardware failure of main and backup systems.  I've got my domains back already and I'm uploading files now but AV123 will take longer as they had slightly more data :)
Time to find a new provider...  :nono:

DogWizard

« Reply #122 on: 21 Nov 2008, 04:47 pm »
Well, you could just not load all of the "bitching and groaning" posts - that would make the load time about 50% faster.  :thumb:

And if you only load the information on products that are actually available to ship today, that could knock off another 25% easy...  :lol:

wje

« Reply #123 on: 21 Nov 2008, 04:48 pm »

And if you only load the information on products that are actually available to ship today, that could knock off another 25% easy...  :lol:

Dayum, I felt the sizzle of that reply.   :duh:

DRL

« Reply #124 on: 21 Nov 2008, 04:52 pm »
Time to find a new provider...  :nono:

I would second the new provider concept - an ID company with no internet is pretty much DEAD.

DogWizard

« Reply #125 on: 21 Nov 2008, 04:55 pm »
Now, now - I did use a happy, laughing emoticon to try and convey the "tongue-in-cheekiness" of my reply. I'm not going to bite the hand that feeds me (maybe just a playful nip) but that was too easy a shot...

Stereodude

« Reply #126 on: 21 Nov 2008, 05:16 pm »
I would second the new provider concept - an ID company with no internet is pretty much DEAD.
Which is why I have always been confused that AV123 doesn't have an IT guru.  Someone to chase down the voicemail and e-mail bugs and keep things up and running.  :scratch:

jn316

« Reply #127 on: 21 Nov 2008, 06:25 pm »
Maybe this is how Mark is going to take back control of the forum!
 :D

BradJudy

« Reply #128 on: 21 Nov 2008, 10:00 pm »
At least there's a proper "out of order" page up now.

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
« Reply #129 on: 21 Nov 2008, 10:03 pm »
This is not the fault of the provider so those of you using a jump to conclusion mat, please stop :D

DRL

« Reply #130 on: 21 Nov 2008, 11:53 pm »
Just curious I guess - who's at fault?

And is the provider completely off the hook regarding redundancy, backup(s), etc.?

DMF

« Reply #131 on: 22 Nov 2008, 01:35 am »
This is not the fault of the provider so those of you using a jump to conclusion mat, please stop :D

LMAO at that one  :rotflmao:

620gold

« Reply #132 on: 22 Nov 2008, 02:42 am »
When it rains it pours...... :wink:

rmassey

« Reply #133 on: 22 Nov 2008, 03:10 am »
Not trying to 'jump to conclusions' here, but perhaps this is a mandated 'cool down' period for the forum.  Things sure seem to have just gone off the rails over at AV123.

emac

« Reply #134 on: 22 Nov 2008, 03:22 am »
Not trying to 'jump to conclusions' here, but perhaps this is a mandated 'cool down' period for the forum.  Things sure seem to have just gone off the rails over at AV123.

If AV123 were going to do that, I doubt they'd take down anything more than the forum.  Right now basically everything is down. 

rmassey

« Reply #135 on: 22 Nov 2008, 03:31 am »

If AV123 were going to do that, I doubt they'd take down anything more than the forum.  Right now basically everything is down. 

Good point....  why take down the sales & support parts.   Prob just HW issues.

I still like the peace and quiet for a change.  :thumb:

wje

« Reply #136 on: 22 Nov 2008, 05:09 am »

Naw, I hardly doubt it.  The AVSForum will always hemorrhage posters who will end up at AV123 to display their displeasure.   :icon_twisted: 

uw69

« Reply #137 on: 23 Nov 2008, 02:34 am »

How could it NOT be the providers fault? (jumping up and down on that conclusion mat!!!)

Karl_in_Chicago

« Reply #138 on: 23 Nov 2008, 04:25 am »
Just curious I guess - who's at fault?

Well . . . conspiracy theorists might point to Hectic1 to avoid having to answer questions about ND's oh-so embarrassing loss to Syracuse, though others of that ilk might point to Cloudstrife to avoid answering questions about how LSU got beat by Ole Miss.  :)  Not that the convo's in the College FB thread ever get spirited enough that somebody might hack the system to avoid that kind of heat . . .  :roll:

Anywhoo . . . hope it comes back soon.  Want to hear the Big 12 defenders 'splain how the top two teams are able to engage in the kind of blowout I'm watching.  This SEC bigot thinks it's just reinforcement of how over-rated the Big 12 is as a conference that has exciting offense made more potent by appearance by a total lack of quality defense. 

Hope AV123 gets their website sorted out soon.

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #139 on: 23 Nov 2008, 05:21 am »
Please the top 4 teams in the Big 12 south roll the whole SEC. Florida on the other hand is the best team in the country and will win the MNC. We are likely to see Florida blow out Alabama the same way.