Question on Stratos upgrades

DoubleD

Question on Stratos upgrades
« on: 14 Jun 2020, 07:31 pm »
My two Stratos mono blocks are in Klaus’s shop queue for a major upgrade.  A buddy of mine recently asked me what specific upgrades will be completed and I realized that I couldn’t provide any details.  Below is an emailed outline that Klaus sent me.  I am hoping that Klaus or someone else can provide some brief descriptions of what these upgrades are and their significance.  Thanks in advance!

- 2 new internals
- Full SE  boards with all the goodies AND Symphonic Line caps!
- All new Groneberg cabling
- All WBT connectors
- Extreme power supply with the new hyper trannies, 850 VA

hpc

Re: Question on Stratos upgrades
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2020, 09:10 am »
Buy a weight lifting belt - the Stratos with the new tranny weighs a ton.  Even the old version with double stacked trannies
weigh as much.

Enjoy!

lovelexicon

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2020, 01:21 am »
DoubleD:

I am thinking of the same upgrade for my Mono Extremes.  Do you mind sharing what is the cost for that kind of upgrade?

DoubleD

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2020, 05:43 am »
At this point, I'm not sure I would be comfortable in sharing the cost quote that Klaus presented to me.  I mainly just want to understand the specifics of each intended upgrade.  What are internals, SE boards, the significance of the new hyper trannies, etc.

uncola

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2020, 06:59 am »
Those upgrades are basically everything that is in the amp..  I'd guess the bigger transformers will give more current reserves for more bass slam and dynamics for all frequency ranges, more filter caps in the power supply also tighten up bass, new PCB that's updated effects basically everything, wiring and wbt connector upgrades probably help a little with transparency..  I think the "2new internals" line item just means completely new internals for your two monoblocks..  I'm sure you'll be totally satisfied when you hear the amps :)