SAMs survived the earthquake!

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
SAMs survived the earthquake!
« on: 8 Dec 2018, 10:13 pm »
You may have heard that Anchorage Alaska experienced a 7.0 earthquake on Nov 30.  It was only about 6 miles from Anchorage itself.  We all have stories!  For those old enough and from NY, it is like the "Where were you when the lights went out" stories. 

I'll spare everyone that.  But I will share my relief in getting home and finding the audio system intact.  One precious Visseaux 6V6GT tube rolled off the console and hit the floor, but it is ok.  (Lots of other non-audio stuff fell from shelves and broke.)  I have my SAMs sitting on top of my powered woofers.  Not attached, but with Herbie's disks between.  They moved a bit, but not enough to fall over.  Whew!!

.......Pete

scottschecter

• Call me Deacon Blues
    • LinkedIn
Re: SAMs survived the earthquake!
« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec 2018, 12:25 am »
You may have heard that Anchorage Alaska experienced a 7.0 earthquake on Nov 30.  It was only about 6 miles from Anchorage itself.  We all have stories!  For those old enough and from NY, it is like the "Where were you when the lights went out" stories. 

I'll spare everyone that.  But I will share my relief in getting home and finding the audio system intact.  One precious Visseaux 6V6GT tube rolled off the console and hit the floor, but it is ok.  (Lots of other non-audio stuff fell from shelves and broke.)  I have my SAMs sitting on top of my powered woofers.  Not attached, but with Herbie's disks between.  They moved a bit, but not enough to fall over.  Whew!!

.......Pete

Glad you and your equipment are safe.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: 9 Dec 2018, 01:40 am by scottschecter »

Jorge

Re: SAMs survived the earthquake!
« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2018, 06:03 pm »
Glad you are also safe!