Empirical offers mods for Northstar 192 Transport and DAC

audioengr

The Turbomodded Northstar M192 Transport is our current Transport reference.  It outputs I2S interface, just like our computer audio converters, so the sound quality is amazing.  It uses the excellent Philips Pro 2 drive and upsamples to 24/192 using the latest great-sounding upsampling chip.  This is the first hardware upsampler that we really like.  Amazing results driving the Northstar M192 DAC or the Benchmark DAC-1 with I2S input.

New Turbomodded Northstar 192 Transport - $3000 complete (Black or Silver front panel)

The Turbomodded Northstar M192 DAC is our current favorite for solid-state DAC's.  The I2S interface makes it compatible with our Off-Ramp I2S computer converter.  The CS4396 DAC is very sweet-sounding.  Very smooth on vocals, yet dynamic and detailed.  Really delivers the music experience.  Not analytical at all.  Sounds so beautiful that it's difficult to listen critically!  Isn't this what its all about?  Even stock, this has been called the best DAC value in audio.  Turbomodded version is from another planet altogether.

New Turbomodded Northstar 192 DAC - $2750 complete (Black or Silver front panel)

Details on the Empirical Audio website under "Component Mods".
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2007, 05:41 pm by audioengr »