NYC - Compare my Modded Dac1 and unmod Dac1 w/ your transport?

KublaKhan

NYC

I have an Empirical Audio fully (almost) modified Benchmark DAC1 with an off ramp turbo for USB connection that I'm using with my computer.  I also have an unmodified DAC1 which I can't use in my current setup because I'd have to get a sound card.

Anybody in NYC with a decent transport or cdp want to compare your system with my computer based one?  I can bring over the DACs and computer and the beer and pretzels.  Ideally we could get a few peeps with nice transports to swap around. I'd host at my place but my room isn't good for this.

Anybody game?  Let me know.  I'm KublaKhan over at Audiogon but this is my first post here.

JoshK

I don't know if my system would be right for this but you could borrow my Audiophile USB soundcard so you can compare your modded DAC1 to the unmod'd one. 

KublaKhan

hey josh,
thanks for the offer. i actually have a couple different sound cards (no longer installed) but they have caused me so many headaches i just can't bare the thought of trying to change the settings back and forth from the card to the Off Ramp...it seems like there's always some setting that gets overlooked and hampers performance.  Ideally I'd have two computers ready to go, one with the off ramp and one with another sound card and the unmodded DAC1 which would be a good comparison since the only variable would be the dac.

Your picture is freaking me out a little bit. :o