CDR technique

audioengr

Re: CDR technique
« Reply #20 on: 11 Nov 2006, 06:30 pm »
The Cool Copy is probably not doing a good enough job.  I have heard a copy done with the Reality Check and the same copy with my own modded copier, and mine was better.  The Reality Check was very close though, and a definite improvement over the orginal.  I have never heard a Cool Copy.

Steve N.

nicksgem10s

« Reply #21 on: 3 Dec 2006, 05:03 am »
I picked up a Plextor Premium-U external usb drive in excellent condition.  Is anyone using this burner with a Mac? 
I am having a tough time figuring out how to set it up?  Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.  I know I read
it is compatible so I should be able to configure it somehow.  Please let me know if you can help.

ferenc_k

« Reply #22 on: 3 Dec 2006, 11:43 am »
I was using Premium and now Premium 2 drive in an external Fireiwre enclosure with my Mac since 2004, works well with iTunes and Toast. Patchburn 4 provides the right driver.

ferenc

nicksgem10s

« Reply #23 on: 3 Dec 2006, 05:23 pm »
Ferenc,

I found that Patch last night online and downloaded it.  I was thrilled that there was a free fix available.  Now my new (used) drive is recognized in iTunes and I was ready to start using it only now I realize it is broken.  It won't read any disc I use in it.  I have tried several types of blank discs when going to burn a cd and it won't read any audio cds either.  It keeps saying checking media on my computer and it spits out the disc after a series of audible clicks.  I waited like 2 weeks to take delivery of this.  That is brutal.  Where did you purchase the Plex premium 2?  Is it an external drive?  I am about ready to throw in the towel.  Was your Premium 1 external usb?