M-Audio ASIO Drivers?

FRANKe

M-Audio ASIO Drivers?
« on: 16 Oct 2006, 06:05 am »
I was recently made aware that ASIO4ALL doesn't really use ASIO at all. Apparently it tries to use Kernel Streaming. And I don't know if this even matters, I just thought true ASIO drivers might sound better. So I was just wondering, Steve, I know the original Off-Ramp's were based on M-Audio's Transit, but what about the new Off-Ramp Turbo 2 or I2S versions? Do they still work with the Transit ASIO driver? And what about your new DAC due out in early 2007, will these be using true ASIO drivers? Or how does this all work?

Thanks for your input.

audioengr

Re: M-Audio ASIO Drivers?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2006, 06:58 pm »
I was recently made aware that ASIO4ALL doesn't really use ASIO at all. Apparently it tries to use Kernel Streaming. And I don't know if this even matters, I just thought true ASIO drivers might sound better. So I was just wondering, Steve, I know the original Off-Ramp's were based on M-Audio's Transit, but what about the new Off-Ramp Turbo 2 or I2S versions? Do they still work with the Transit ASIO driver? And what about your new DAC due out in early 2007, will these be using true ASIO drivers? Or how does this all work?

Thanks for your input.

The Off-Ramp Turbo 2 works with the Transit drivers.

I use ASIO SSE2 version 47a and SRC with Foobar 0.8.3.  These older versions sound better than the new foobar IMO.  You dont use ASIO4ALL with these.

My new USB DAC's, the Spoiler and the Formula One both use the same drivers and ASIO.

I have another project in the works for next year that will use my own Empirical Audio driver and the TUSB3200 from TI.  It will run Asynchronous protocol on the USB cable.

STeve N.

FRANKe

Re: M-Audio ASIO Drivers?
« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2006, 08:25 pm »
Cool.

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like a lot of interesting things coming down the pipeline in the near future.