Time Capsule wireless>SqBT>SynchroM>Metrum?

Vic

Time Capsule wireless>SqBT>SynchroM>Metrum?
« on: 17 Feb 2013, 06:26 pm »
OK. I'm about to pull the trigger on the Synchro reclocker but I have questions.

Digital front end: MacMini/Pure Music>ethernet>Apple Time Capsule>wireless>SqueezeBox Touch>SP/DIF>Metrum Acoustics Octave>.

What are there drawbacks of using the Time Capsule wireless to the SqueezeBox that would effect the performance of the Synchro-Mesh?

If so would another method of connectivity work better?

Is there a decent under $200 RCA SP/DIF cable to use between the reclocker and the DAC? 

audioengr

Re: Time Capsule wireless>SqBT>SynchroM>Metrum?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2013, 07:13 pm »
OK. I'm about to pull the trigger on the Synchro reclocker but I have questions.

Digital front end: MacMini/Pure Music>ethernet>Apple Time Capsule>wireless>SqueezeBox Touch>SP/DIF>Metrum Acoustics Octave>.

What are there drawbacks of using the Time Capsule wireless to the SqueezeBox that would effect the performance of the Synchro-Mesh?

Should have no effect.

Is there a decent under $200 RCA SP/DIF cable to use between the reclocker and the DAC?

DH Labs.

Steve N.

Vic

Re: Time Capsule wireless>SqBT>SynchroM>Metrum?
« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2013, 09:42 pm »
And so overnight, plans have changed. We are about to move out of the burbs and back into town. This may change the setup from the Synchro to the Offramp. I'm going to have an Empirical product by hook or crook.

Thanks for your time.