T6 to T7

jk@home

T6 to T7
« on: 30 May 2003, 01:02 pm »
Here's a question to Larry or Frank.  Can a Transcendence Six preamp ( in the SL chassis) be factory upgraded to a Seven ( in the same chassis), at a price that would be more economical than just the usual selling / buying route?

I know that after I get a Tran 6,  that liitle voice in my head will be saying......

Thanks, JK

avahifi

• Facilitator
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Upgrade not economically possible
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2003, 03:44 pm »
The T6 and T7 use completely different circut board layouts and power supplies.  Thus the cost to upgrade a T6 to a T7 would salvage only the chassis and switch wiring, not an economical prospect.  You had ordered the T6 rebuild kit plans.  If you purchase the T6 kit and built it very neatly, and then want to upgrade to a T7 in the near future, we would allow you full price for the T6 kit back in trade, assuming you wave the satisfaction guarantee (you don't get that on a do it yourself kit in the first place).  A messy kit wiring job would depreciate the trade in value of course.  Frank Van Alstine

jk@home

Thanks for the reply...
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2003, 01:34 am »
That sounds like a very good deal!  (and a very rare one in today's audio market)

Thanks again
JK