How many pre-amp outputs?

brians

« on: 16 May 2003, 04:12 am »
:?:  I thought that I read somewhere that there where 2 sets of pre-amp outputs on the Transcendence preamps.  If there were, I was thinking of using one for a sub.
Are there 1 or 2 stereo pairs of preamp outputs?

Thanks,
Brian.

avahifi_lj

« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2003, 04:36 am »
Hi Brian:

Yes all of the preamps have two output sets.  In the shop we use Output 1 to drive the power amplifier and Output 2 to drive the Biro Kensington subwoofer.

Thanks for your interest in AVA products!

Larry Jenkins

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2003, 12:05 pm »
best subwoofer results, imo, would be from preamp to active x-over; then from active x-over to sub amp(s) & monitor amp(s).  most *any* monitor will benefit from being run thru a quality transparent x-over, so it doesn't have to see those bottom octaves.  and, amp & x-over quality are better, even than w/mega-bucks powerd subs...

doug s.

avahifi

« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2003, 12:44 pm »
When our Biro L/1 loudspeakers are used with the Biro Kensington subwoofer, all that is necessary is to block the ports in the L/1s to change the crossover slope to match the subwoofer, no active crossover ahead of the L/1s is necessary or desireable.  FVA

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2003, 12:54 pm »
frank, that sounds cool.  but, not everyone has biro's...  i guess we all should, eh?   :wink:  

i also have the ports plugged on my monitors that are actively crossed over to subs, but i dunno exactly what it does to their frequency response, other than knowing it generally reduces the output of their lowest frequencies...

regards,

doug s.