They're Here!

floresjc

They're Here!
« on: 2 Nov 2009, 03:50 pm »
They arrived this morning at the *beginning* of the 4 hour window! So I have two pallets to wrestle with.

The top pair of boxes on the left are the HT2-TL's, and each of the boxes on the bottom left has 2 pair of SongTowers (if Jim recalls correctly). The large box on the right has the Rythmik sub, a SongCenter, and all the grills/accessories.

See you all in about a week!

martyo

Re: They're Here!
« Reply #1 on: 2 Nov 2009, 04:11 pm »
See you all in about a week!

aa :thumb:

OgOgilby

« Reply #2 on: 2 Nov 2009, 04:21 pm »
Congrats! And now the fun begins...  :thumb:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 2 Nov 2009, 04:25 pm »
A week???? We want pictures NOW :green:

charmerci

« Reply #4 on: 2 Nov 2009, 04:28 pm »
Wow. Does life get any better than this??? :drool:

TomS

« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov 2009, 04:47 pm »
Wow, seriously, you're in a townhouse?  I hope your neighbors like you. 

Those are going to be terrific so maybe just invite them over as a pre-emptive strike for domestic harmony :thumb:

floresjc

« Reply #6 on: 2 Nov 2009, 04:52 pm »
Haha yah, I'm in a townhouse. I bought this stuff to be "growth proof" so as the house gets bigger, I don't have to mess with this. I can always turn things off or down, but I only get one maybe two shots at buying stuff with the wife.

I just wrestled one HT2-TL box upstairs by myself, man was that a trip. The SongCenter is out and in the system as well, beautiful finish on the speakers. Hopefully more pics later but this is going pretty slow by myself. Wife should be home at lunch hopefully.

vintagebob

« Reply #7 on: 2 Nov 2009, 04:55 pm »
Have fun floresjc!   :thumb:

I show you as delivered now on the other thread...

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #8 on: 2 Nov 2009, 05:10 pm »
Congrats on your safe receipt, & obviously your patience has been rewarded. Hope things are up and running soon.    :thumb:

Nuance

« Reply #9 on: 2 Nov 2009, 06:10 pm »
Congratulations, floresjc!  We expect a fully detailed report with your impressions and pictures.  :D

I really am happy for you man.  Enjoy!

funkmonkey

« Reply #10 on: 2 Nov 2009, 07:19 pm »
WOOHOO!  I remember that feeling.  Congrats floresjc.  Looks like everything arrived in perfect condition.  Don't get hurt wrestling with those bad boys.  I remember my boxed HT3s being not just heavy, but very awkward to get a handle on by myself.

Cheers  :thumb:

mathgeek97

« Reply #11 on: 2 Nov 2009, 08:12 pm »
Congrats!  It definitely looks like delivery via trucking service is the way to go.  BTW, my back hurts just from looking at the pic of those boxes.  Enjoy!!!  :drool:

floresjc

« Reply #12 on: 2 Nov 2009, 08:21 pm »
Well lunch is over and my wife and I were able to wrestle the HT2-TL's out of boxes and put them up. I've got them running right now as I catch my breath and they sound great! Even better, they are just gorgeous. The wood is very rich looking and the textures are amazing. My main level is very well lit and the dark walnut goes with the room nicely. Here's a few pics, but as you'll notice, there's just junk everywhere at this point. Its going to take a couple days just to clean up the mess! Also, the right speaker is so close to the wall because otherwise my dog (85lb Lab) would fight it to get to the window, which is his spot. As far as I can tell so far, it doesn't impact the sound quality very much if at all. I don't have the time right now to mess with perfect placement anyway.

You'll also notice "Frank's rack" which is running the setup. Contains his Insight EC preamp on top, Insight DAC and Squeezebox Duet in the middle, and a double 440 on the bottom.

martyo

« Reply #13 on: 2 Nov 2009, 08:27 pm »
 :D  Very nice.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #14 on: 2 Nov 2009, 08:54 pm »
Ahh, great photos.

If it were me, I would have had to hide the pallets before my wife saw them.  The day that I have audio equipment delivered on pallets is the day that she throws me out!  I only had one package delivered today, an AVA Transcendence 8 preamp, but she didn't look too unhappy, however.  :D

Congratulations, and look forward to your listening impressions.  :thumb:

R Swerdlow

« Reply #15 on: 2 Nov 2009, 09:21 pm »
Those walnut HT2-TLs look stunning. :thumb:

Josh has taken delivery of not just one, but TWO PALLET LOADS of Salk speakers.  Just like the first photos of the inside of the FedEx truck, of I think this might be another Salk delivery day first.

Does The Audiophile have any recommendations for forklifts? :roll:

Nuance

« Reply #16 on: 2 Nov 2009, 09:55 pm »
Wow, those look spectacular!  I really love the walnut baffle.  Man...that's a ton of Salk goodness!  :)

Honestly, the speaker being that close to the wall should impact the sound; more listening sessions will tell.  Obviously the more breathing room the better; you'll especially notice the difference in the sound stage width and depth.  You may also get some negative reflections from the audio rack sitting where it is.  Just food for thought.

Enjoy dude; they are well deserved!