My Introduction post

Wharfcreek

My Introduction post
« on: 12 Mar 2024, 03:54 pm »
Hello Group!!  Seems a requirement of this forum is to introduce myself, so hence this first post.  I managed to arrive here by virtue of a 'link' that was in another thread on another forum.  It took me to a 'build' post from a member here on an old Dynaco PAS pre-amp.  I'm currently revamping a similar unit for a client, and I had some questions about the way it appears Dynaco designed the power supply section in that unit.  My internet search on the subject has led me here, but as yet my questions are unanswered, so I'll continue on, but may attempt a PM to the member here just to see if he ran into the same issue.   Anyway, about me;  I'm 72, have been at this 'tube' stuff for several decades now, and while I still consider myself a 'rookie', I'm told by many of my friends and clients ...." I sell myself too cheap!!'.  Maybe so, but that makes me a 'bargain'....lol.   Anyway, I do a fair amount of scratch building of tube power amps, and very little of much else, although at one point I had a love affair going with Scott and Fisher integrated amps, and I accumulated a fair supply of them which I hope to liquidate in my old age!!  I live off the Chesapeake Bay outside of Baltimore, Maryland, I love Fishing & Boating almost as much as I love motorcycling & riding!   I've got 5 grandkids, 3 in Michigan where I'm originally from, and 2 more in Florida where I'd like to end up.  But, my 35 years or so here in Maryland has been a joy, and I love the place, as well as my 'significant other' of now 20 years or so.  She's a Nurse, works in a long-term care facility, and this gives me lots of time to enjoy myself and my projects...when she's not around!!   Guess that's enough for now!!  WC

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: My Introduction post
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2024, 01:40 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb: