ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Congrats on great LS 36.5 6Moons final review
« on: 6 Sep 2007, 07:40 pm »
Dan,
I know you have summarized the great review from 6Moons
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=44948.msg402146;topicseen#new

but I wanted to add my congrats.  Altough Srajan spends some time in comparing the LS 36.5 to the Cabernet Dual, it goes with out saying that it's your stock preamp against a hot-rod custom modded one, and even then the LS 36.5 is still standing at the end of the comparison!!   I sure am glad I bought this preamp!    :wink: :thumb:

Oh, and you need to add Srajan's final comments at the very end:

"This product is dialed, with clearly a lot of thought given to features and implementation. A home run."

Edit:  Dan added it after we spoke.  Thx
« Last Edit: 6 Sep 2007, 10:25 pm by ted_b »

kenreau

Re: Congrats on great LS 36.5 6Moons final review
« Reply #1 on: 6 Sep 2007, 08:14 pm »
All I can do is echo the same statements. 

"This product is dialed, with clearly a lot of thought given to features and implementation. A home run."

I've gone through Atma-sphere, Rowland and Joule-Electra gear.  Dan's LS36.5, to steal a phrase, is ne plus ultra imho. 

Kenreau

Normanality

« Reply #2 on: 6 Sep 2007, 09:27 pm »
Nice one Dan!!

I better get a towel.  I'm making a real mess with all this drooling going on  :drool:

rpf

« Reply #3 on: 6 Sep 2007, 10:10 pm »
A well deserved superlative review.

I've had the 36.5 for a week now and I would just disagree with Srajan on one point. I think it is worth twice the SWL 9.0SE (SS rectified). The rule of diminishing returns kicks in with the SWL 9.0 Signature (tube rectified) which has the three dimensionality of the 36.5. Even then the latter is a significant step up.

Well done indeed!

figcon

« Reply #4 on: 8 Sep 2007, 01:49 am »
Congratulations on a great review, Dan.

I will be receiving my LS36.5 and SWP9.0SE within a few days and look forward to comparing it to a recently updated Supratek Cortese, which I imported for a while back in 2001 and have used off and on...mostly on....for the last several years.  No doubt that the Supratek products can sound great, but there is also no doubt that they are not the best built pieces of gear and also not nearly the best in terms of electrical layout  and design. The Supratek shipping packaging also leaves a lot to be desired as mine arrived back from Australia a few months ago with a good deal of damage due to just plain lousy packaging. In fact, I have had shipping damage with Mick's gear several times in the past, including four preamps, two pair of the Merlot monoblock amps, one of them twice. This is in fact, the main reason I stopped importing the line.

As for my own Cortese, I have had reliability and noise problems to the point that I want to replace it for good. My hope is that Dan's preamps will fill this bill and for what its worth, I will write my findings after sufficient break in and auditioning.

Dan's equipment is professionally designed, built and packaged for shipping and he is a class act. I am looking forward to putting it in the system and letting it rip.

AB

« Reply #5 on: 8 Sep 2007, 09:34 pm »
Has anyone compared the full boat SWL with MWI caps and tube rectification to the LS 36.5?

I'd be interested in hearing the results.