Available for expedited delivery

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Re: Available for expedited delivery
« Reply #20 on: 27 Mar 2015, 03:19 pm »
Jason will have to wait because all our available Aurora's are sold, but we do have 2 pair of Pinhead approved Arcus and one complete/ready to ship pair of Chucky approved Derecho ...

vs.

GentleBender

« Reply #21 on: 27 Mar 2015, 06:40 pm »
Is that why Chucky's so mad? He's not big enough to move the speakers and get the sweet spot right.  :duh:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #22 on: 27 Mar 2015, 07:35 pm »
Is that why Chucky's so mad? He's not big enough to move the speakers and get the sweet spot right.  :duh:

We definitely don't make speakers movable by dolls. 

BTW, found a pair of Gloss Black Breeze in inventory that don't have drivers in them but cabinets are completed.  Those could be finished and ship inside a week. 

Rclark

« Reply #23 on: 27 Mar 2015, 10:50 pm »
I don't want to jinx it, but I am up for promotion, and if I get it, all I can think about is getting a pair of Vapor's as a reward to myself.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #24 on: 30 Mar 2015, 06:06 am »
We also have the first pair of Tuonare available. 

To recap, they feature dual 7" Wavecor fiberglas/paper composite cone woofers in a vented enclosure tuned to 33Hz, a 4.5" paper cone midrange and the new RAAL 64-10 tweeter.  The same line of drivers featured in the Nimbus and Stiff Breeze deliver incredible transparency, detail, and dynamics to high levels with exceedingly low distortion.  They also offer sensitivity of 90dB/2.83V so even modest amplifiers will suffice to drive them to high levels.

The cabinet is constructed from heavily braced 18mm 13 ply Baltic Birch with a 1" thick MDF baffle, and walls are also mass damped.  Claro Walnut veneer with a matte finish completes the look.

And for someone in the St. Louis area, a very special price to go along with them.

dex67

« Reply #25 on: 30 Mar 2015, 03:00 pm »
those Tuonare are so mouth watering!!! beautiful! I wonder how they sound....how do they compare with the Nimbus Black?

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #26 on: 30 Mar 2015, 03:22 pm »
those Tuonare are so mouth watering!!! beautiful! I wonder how they sound....how do they compare with the Nimbus Black?

There is definitely a genetic pedigree between the two.  Nimbus definitely has more slam thanks to the 15" woofer and overall better dynamics due to the larger cone area for midrange.  Nimbus will sustain much higher levels without strain, but both exhibit extremely low distortion across the range to levels that would make you smile.

Gopher

« Reply #27 on: 29 May 2015, 02:50 am »
I'm shocked you guys have speakers available for immediate delivery!  Vapor quality and value shipping immediately is sick.

I'm glad I have my uber Auroras shipping next week (can't wait!) so I'm not racking my brain for rooms in my home to accomodate a pair of Nimbus'   :lol:

EdRo

« Reply #28 on: 29 May 2015, 12:19 pm »
So do you think that you could give us your opinion on these after a few days listening? I think I'm almost as excited as you are, Fred!!!

GentleBender

« Reply #29 on: 29 May 2015, 10:04 pm »
I believe those "über" Auroras will make you very happy. I listen to mine every chance I get even if only for 30 minutes. They make music an addiction!  :lol: Every type of music I throw at them sounds great and keeps me coming back for more. Mine aren't even über. I'm thankful for finding Audiocircle and discovering all the great people and vendors that love making great products and music.

Gopher

« Reply #30 on: 4 Jun 2015, 02:22 am »
So do you think that you could give us your opinion on these after a few days listening? I think I'm almost as excited as you are, Fred!!!

I definitely plan on it, Ed.  I spoke to Ryan today and told him rather than rush to get them shipped out for Friday as we planned to spend a few extra days really honing in on the voicing. 

What you guys do is an art and I'm happy to wait an extra few days to make sure they're perfect.   After all I intend for these to be speakers my kids inherit.   :thumb:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #31 on: 19 Nov 2015, 02:53 am »
Much of the list has been moved to new owners, but we do still have a few beautiful builds available for rapid shipping. 

The Derecho shown before was completely stripped and refinished from the ground up.  It now has a darker (more golden walnut) finishing on the sides, and front baffles that are painted in gloss BMW Sparkling Brown Metallic.  They come with Amorphous Core tweeters, Jensen copper/foil capacitors, and a new significant improvement to the midrange driver.  These are ready to go in just a couple days.  We even already have shipping crates made for them.  They can be delivered to anywhere in CONUS for $9200, that's shipping included cost.  New they would be $10,695 + about $300 to ship. 

We have a pair of Nimbus Black that is ready for your choice of paint.  We're offering these at $11,895, $1000 off to start.  Then we add amorphous core tweeters free, Apollo upgrade on the woofer free, and Clarity MR caps for free.  That's $1250 in upgrades.  And if we sell these before Thanksgiving, I'll ship them for free too.  We'll even throw in the $500 upgrade to 2-tone paint if you choose.  That's a deal that isn't ever coming back around on one of the best speakers you'll ever see under $20,000. 

And the true deal of a lifetime will go to whomever purchases the show pair of Perfect Storm White we showed at RMAF.  We need to move these asap, you know what they say - timing is everything!  Somebody is going to be very, very happy to own these.  For $22,000 you'll get one of the finest loudspeakers on the planet, shipping to the CONUS included.  And for an AC buyer I'll even personally visit your home and assist with setup, including a full suite of in-room measurements. 

dpatters

« Reply #32 on: 19 Nov 2015, 02:05 pm »
If somebody out there has the room big enough for The Perfect Storm that is a screaming deal, especially with in home setup by Ryan.

Don P.

dex67

« Reply #33 on: 19 Nov 2015, 02:22 pm »
damn, i wish i had money to buy all 3 pairs!!! i'm sold to Vapor speakers...i've heard lots of speakers in my life, and for the money these pairs are going for, there is no other speaker that can deliver the musicality of the Vapor line...

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #34 on: 19 Nov 2015, 02:40 pm »
I can fantasize, but I know damned well my wife would divorce me...or worse...  :o

Phil A

« Reply #35 on: 19 Nov 2015, 02:55 pm »
I can fantasize, but I know damned well my wife would divorce me...or worse...  :o

But the good part would be that you will be able to harmonize wonderfully with all the female vocalists you listen to. :green:

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #36 on: 19 Nov 2015, 06:24 pm »
But the good part would be that you will be able to harmonize wonderfully with all the female vocalists you listen to. :green:

+10 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #37 on: 21 Nov 2015, 03:51 am »
If somebody out there has the room big enough for The Perfect Storm that is a screaming deal, especially with in home setup by Ryan.

Don P.

I wish I could afford to keep them myself, who knows ... they were working very well in my 14'x24' room.

They're not just great, they're flat out amazing.  The only speaker I've ever heard that can approach their level of resolution and transparency are Zellaton's, but Zellatons don't have balls.  The Storms have big, hanging balls.  But really what makes them so amazing is that they deliver all those details without the slightest hint of edge.  And combining those two traits is the holy grail is it not?

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #38 on: 21 Nov 2015, 03:52 am »
damn, i wish i had money to buy all 3 pairs!!! i'm sold to Vapor speakers...i've heard lots of speakers in my life, and for the money these pairs are going for, there is no other speaker that can deliver the musicality of the Vapor line...

You can live fine on one kidney, so what's the problem? 

Looking forward to my NY trip in a couple months, and hearing your setup finally!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #39 on: 21 Nov 2015, 05:45 am »
Ryan,

It seems to me you need a bit more Asian exposure. I could probably sell them on consignment for you. How much is shipping to Taiwan?