Vapor Audio Aurora in Pearl White

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
Re: Vapor Audio Aurora in Pearl White
« Reply #20 on: 2 Oct 2013, 01:30 am »
Great looking plots. Were they taken in the same space? If so, I am assuming that the dip at ~200Hz is room related?

Room effects for sure.  There's the wall and floor boundaries interacting to produce that 200Hz dip.

The ceramic tweeter actually produces an even flatter response above 1KHz than the 28mm fabric dome in the posted measurements.  Those new plots are on Ryan's laptop.  I'm sure they'll make it to the new website which is almost ready to launch.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #21 on: 2 Oct 2013, 01:34 am »
What do they cost?

Base price is $2995/pr.  The all white paint option added a few bucks.  We normally only paint the cabinets with the automotive finish and the stands get a matte black paint job.

If you're contemplating ordering, do it soon.  After RMAF, prices will be going up.

http://www.vaporsound.com/#all

wisnon

« Reply #22 on: 2 Oct 2013, 08:54 am »
Very impressive lineup of speakers Pete and Ryan!
Drool worthy.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #23 on: 2 Oct 2013, 05:44 pm »
We did take a minimal set of off axis plots.  0, 22.5, 45.  They are very uniform as we expected, and very much mirror the original prototype using a 28mm soft dome.

Here's the on axis, and then a set of off axis plots of the original.

Pete,

One question. How much smoothing in the data above? Also, a 70-75dB scale will tend to make it easier to read the graph which is nice, but it also hides details that may be important, especially above 1kHz. Holm Impulse's smoothing is a sliding timing window, and some authorities disagree with the way it smoothes data.

Hope to hear your stuff at RMAF! :thumb:

Best regards,

Anand.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #24 on: 3 Oct 2013, 12:57 am »
Pete,

One question. How much smoothing in the data above? Also, a 70-75dB scale will tend to make it easier to read the graph which is nice, but it also hides details that may be important, especially above 1kHz. Holm Impulse's smoothing is a sliding timing window, and some authorities disagree with the way it smoothes data.

Hope to hear your stuff at RMAF! :thumb:

Best regards,

Anand.

We will have the Aurora at RMAF too.

It's been a while since I took those measurements, but if I recall correctly, I used a straight 12th octave smoothing to make the stuff below 500Hz at least readable. 

Here's a shot of the stuff above 300Hz using only gating, no smoothing.