Tekton SEAS Pendragons/ MMMmicroOnes/Vapor Cirrus

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Re: Tekton SEAS Pendragons/ MMMmicroOnes/Vapor Cirrus
« Reply #40 on: 11 Sep 2013, 02:31 pm »
I gotta agree with Stan on the bass, it was very one-notey with no tonal density ... 50hz, 60hz, 70hz all sound pretty much the same.  I would imagine that below 100hz you're talking about 20% distortion range with the MicroOnes.  There's a decent amount of bass which is simply a product of how the designer voiced them, but the quality of the bass is lacking IMO. 

The tweeter is pretty solid however, better than ANY dome tweeter.  AMT's are getting pretty good these days, and they're cheap to produce so lots of manufacturers use them.  And the midrange is pretty good too, if a bit analytical. 

I thought they had raised the price to $4K or $5K?  Even at that price they're a decent value in this market.

It was nice talking with you too SoS, for a troll you're ok too  :lol:

wisnon

« Reply #41 on: 11 Sep 2013, 04:21 pm »
Ryan,

The price was $2500 raise to either $3500 or $4000.

I thought the bass was surprisingly good and I heard it was transmission line and a complex and unusual crossover. I will listen next time for the tonality compared to the bigger siblings.

We totally agree on the Heils. i am a big Heil fan but my speakers are open baffle dipole for the Heils (Heil AMT of Switzerland). The Kitahara's big Heil driver is to die for! Unipole Heil is a compromise.

The new Heil AMT Aulos bookshelf speaker with tunneled dipole radiation is gathering up a storm of great reviews in Europe!

Anyway, I must say I have never heard the Vapors, but from reviews and feedback, they seem to be da Bomb too. Droolworthy. One day, one day...

wisnon

« Reply #42 on: 11 Sep 2013, 04:27 pm »
I am going off what I saw and heard of the Micros, which I've listen to twice.  One of the times they turned them up, not uber loud but enough, and those woofers were moving quite a bit.  That gives me a no so warm fuzzy feeling about turning them up even more.  I will admit for $2500 you could do much much worse than the Micros, however they do seem to have limitation IMHO.  And yes I realize the Cirrus are $1500 more, but I feel the added upgrades in the Cirrus are very much worth it.

The Heil tweeter is a good tweeter but the Raal and from the looks of it the Vifa/Scan Speak ring radiator on the Tekton are better, again IMHO.

That is because you dont know the TRUE Heils. Heil AMT is Swiss and made by the executor of Oskar Heil's estate. they use different diaphragm material to all others and all I could get confirmed is that its not Kapton or Mylar. The maker of Heil AMT get all the inside tips from his pal Dr Heil and over the years has developed his own.

There is NO HEIL tweeter than can match the big Heils in the Kithara and the AmazonOne speaker. Significant output down to 400hz topping at 23khz. Open, natural and the speed...!

harley52

« Reply #43 on: 15 Sep 2013, 01:16 am »
Now, ladies come, come. Be nice.

I've heard the Aurora's and they sound way too good for the price. Like, stupid good. Pls. remember the Micro's are a RED China product and being so, to me, makes them WAY over priced. All Vapor speakers are made in the US and craftsmanship sure as 'H' is not cheap. My you tried to hire an electrician lately. :nono: $75 an hour. Ryan, Pete and Ed can't/ aren't making much more money than paying the bills. :scratch: They'll never be rolling in it at the prices they ask. From what I've read and heard with my ears they should raise the prices 25%-40% ASAP. And the Nimbus could very well be increased 100%. :thumb:

I wouldn't invest my money in Vapor Sound if I could. I'd just be keeping my lights on then.  :roll:They simply don't charge enough to make money at it. I've come to a point in life where most all things audio in my system are made in N. America and it's a good feeling. Red China can kiss my ever loving glass.

And if something should go screwy with the speakers, I know as many others do, where Ryan lives. :P :P Can't say that about those Red China products now can you. :lol:

SearchOfSub

• Restricted
« Reply #44 on: 15 Sep 2013, 05:14 am »
I heard the MicroOnes. They are OK but to me they sound a little metallic and can sound harsh at times. The bass is one note, and also the vocals are just OK.

The recent mark up to $4,000 breaks the deal for me. If they were listed at that price, they would be just an OK speaker for the price, decent.

The only reason why they got such attraction was because of the introductory price of $2,500. But with the price raise of $4,000, I don't think the MicroOnes are in the same league as the Vapor Cirrus.

I still have no clue why the designer of the MicroOnes decided to raise the price by 40%. The parts used in the MicroOnes are still made and manufactured from China, and I am assuming he still took home 50% from the introductory price, but now he's gunning to take home 90%? Hmm, people aren't stupid.
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2013, 07:59 am by SearchOfSub »

FireGuy

« Reply #45 on: 15 Sep 2013, 01:37 pm »
I heard the MicroOnes. They are OK but to me they sound a little metallic and can sound harsh at times. The bass is one note, and also the vocals are just OK.

The recent mark up to $4,000 breaks the deal for me. If they were listed at that price, they would be just an OK speaker for the price, decent.

The only reason why they got such attraction was because of the introductory price of $2,500. But with the price raise of $4,000, I don't think the MicroOnes are in the same league as the Vapor Cirrus.

I still have no clue why the designer of the MicroOnes decided to raise the price by 40%. The parts used in the MicroOnes are still made and manufactured from China, and I am assuming he still took home 50% from the introductory price, but now he's gunning to take home 90%? Hmm, people aren't stupid.

Food for thought on your take.  Does higher price always mean better performance?  I'm sure some vendors want you to think so, all day.    Although the amount of transducers out there for eval can be a challenge, it's certainly to our advantage.