2011 NFL is Here!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
2011 NFL is Here!
« on: 9 Sep 2011, 02:07 am »
Here we go!

What a great selection for the first game of the year, huh? The past two SB Champs? Awesome!

While it has been difficult to watch the Saints D so far, there's a lot of game left.  :thumb:

So, who's your Team, and what do you think will happen this weekend? Any "sleeper" picks for the Season? Mine is the Texans. I think they will have an eye opening year.

Go Saints,

Jerry

jimdgoulding

Re: 2011 NFL is Here!
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2011, 02:22 am »
I'm with you on the Texans, Jerry, if Foster can get healthy.  Best wishes for the Saints, too.

Bigfish

« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2011, 02:27 am »
I know that the Steelers are the underdogs against Baltimore this weekend but I am expecting a Steeler Victory!

As a football fan I feel badly for Payton Manning.  He had another neck surgery today and doctors comments are they expect him to be out 10 to 12 weeks.  My guess is he will be out all season. 

Good luck to all pro football fans and your favorite teams.

Ken

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: 9 Sep 2011, 02:29 am »
Well, I'm 100% confident that the Broncos will not lose this Sunday.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #4 on: 9 Sep 2011, 02:38 am »
Well, I'm 100% confident that the Broncos will not lose this Sunday.

I totally agree.  :beer:

« Last Edit: 9 Sep 2011, 03:57 am by JerryM »

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #5 on: 9 Sep 2011, 04:01 am »
I fear that my team, the Cowboys, are in for a rebuilding year.  However, I have also had an embarrassing attachment to the Lions over the years, and they just may make the playoffs this year.  It will be fun to watch the development of their young defensive tackles.

MaxCast

« Reply #6 on: 9 Sep 2011, 04:04 am »
Pretty exciting game.  Haven't been on AC in 3.5 hours  :P

Awesome game.  Brees and Sproles were ready to play but the nod goes to the GB offense and defense lines.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #7 on: 9 Sep 2011, 04:40 am »
Yep. 76 points scored between the past Champs. One possesion game to the very end.

I hope the rest of the season is just as fun.  :thumb:

I feel for the Panthers. Green Bay has nine days to rest.  :o

Have fun,

Jerry

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #8 on: 9 Sep 2011, 10:20 am »
I'm pretty sure my Eagles will quite possibly loose every game because expectations are so high. They already showed us last preseason game that even though they are physically present and on the field they can still, still I say, NOT SHOW UP!!!!! LOL...Vince Young(I feel for the guy, I really do) saying "Dream Team" could very well have iced us for this year. :scratch:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: 9 Sep 2011, 11:04 am »
I fear that my team, the Cowboys, are in for a rebuilding year.  However, I have also had an embarrassing attachment to the Lions over the years, and they just may make the playoffs this year.  It will be fun to watch the development of their young defensive tackles.

The Cowdudes are doomed to mediocrity unless and until they trade Jerry Jones.
The poor hapless Lions get rid of Matt Millen and begin to craft a serious team only to find that they are in the same division as the most dominant looking team since the Patriots were peaking. Green Bay might not lose all year if they show everybody what they showed the Saints. Yikes!!!

Bigfish

« Reply #10 on: 9 Sep 2011, 12:32 pm »
What was amazing about the game last night was how in-sync both offensives were in spite of the short off season.  Most football talking heads believed that defenses would dominate early in the season but that certainly was not the case in this game.  Green Bay and New Orleans both looked like they have already played several regular season games prior to their meeting last night.  Yikes!  I know it is early and injuries will play a factor but it is easy for me to project these teams meeting again in the playoffs. 

Congratulations to the fans of both teams as both teams are loaded!

Ken

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #11 on: 9 Sep 2011, 12:37 pm »
Big time NY Giants fan here.

The Giants have been devestated by injuries during the preseason and lost more than half-dozen starters.  Due to these injuries, I am not expecting a heck of a lot from my team.

I hope that they are competitive and will take it from there.

George   

rodge827

« Reply #12 on: 9 Sep 2011, 12:54 pm »
Great game last night  :thumb:.
A fun to watch drama played out by some of the best tallent the NFL has to offer.
I hope the positive tone that the game set continues through the rest of the season, and offsets the uggliness of the business that pro sports are.

Speaking of ugly, my Iggles look pretty good this year :roll:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #13 on: 9 Sep 2011, 01:10 pm »
The Cowdudes are doomed to mediocrity unless and until they trade Jerry Jones.
The poor hapless Lions get rid of Matt Millen and begin to craft a serious team only to find that they are in the same division as the most dominant looking team since the Patriots were peaking. Green Bay might not lose all year if they show everybody what they showed the Saints. Yikes!!!
Jerry Jones, the biggest turkey in the business.  Boy, would I like to see him gone.

Bigfish

« Reply #14 on: 9 Sep 2011, 01:23 pm »
Big time NY Giants fan here.

The Giants have been devestated by injuries during the preseason and lost more than half-dozen starters.  Due to these injuries, I am not expecting a heck of a lot from my team.

I hope that they are competitive and will take it from there.

George   

George:

The injury bug has been unbelievable for the Giants this preseason.  When training camps started I expected the Giants to be co-favorites with the Eagles for the NFC East.  They may still win it but the injuries to the secondary it appear that the offense will have to score more points to win.

Good luck!

Ken

Mike Nomad

« Reply #15 on: 9 Sep 2011, 01:52 pm »
Yep. 76 points scored between the past Champs. One possession game to the very end.

I hope the rest of the season is just as fun.  :thumb:

Since the Oilers left Houston, I've been a Saints fan. Last night was painful. Offense started clicking, but D never got it all together. This season, I fear that D is going to not deliver, again.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #16 on: 9 Sep 2011, 02:06 pm »
Yeah, last night's game was a blast.  It was like watching the fast/talented SEC, but men vs. boys.  Being from Michigan I would't mind GB repeating (in deference to my Yooper friends).

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #17 on: 9 Sep 2011, 03:39 pm »
  After watching the Packers last night All the other teams are in for a tough fight. They just look unbeatable.

charles

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #18 on: 9 Sep 2011, 03:56 pm »
  After watching the Packers last night All the other teams are in for a tough fight. They just look unbeatable.

charles

While the Pack did look good (especially on offense), let's not get carried away. 

First off, their defense gave up a ton of points and yards.

Scondly, it's September!!  So much can happen between now and January.

George

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #19 on: 9 Sep 2011, 03:59 pm »
Most "great" teams are two injuries away from average.  George is right- it's a long season, and teams will blow hot and cold.
« Last Edit: 9 Sep 2011, 08:02 pm by S Clark »