Lasik eye surgery anyone?

Doublej

Re: Lasik eye surgery anyone?
« Reply #20 on: 7 Mar 2016, 09:05 pm »
You don't have to do both eyes at once. You can get one done and make sure it's to your liking before getting the other done. When the doc said it took the flap a year to fully heal and given my prescription there was a 10% - 15% chance of needing rework I declined.

The few folks I know that have had it done all raved about it.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #21 on: 7 Mar 2016, 10:15 pm »
Had a minus 10 perscription. Got both eyes done. Procedure was pain free and a trip.  They said one might have mild discomfort but after one jour i had INTENSE discomfort, like PAIN, for the rest of the day. Dry eyes forever and poor night vision for a long time.

Went to a minus 2.75 perscription and thats all they could do with lasik. Another type of procedure would have brought it closer to 0 but then would have needed reading glasses. I would do it again if only to drop the -10.

Rocket Ronny
« Last Edit: 8 Mar 2016, 12:13 am by Rocket_Ronny »

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #22 on: 8 Mar 2016, 01:15 am »
I was 13 and 15 prescription.  Didn't have enough cornea to remove more than about half, so I passed.  But a few years later I needed cataract surgery - much better!  Insurance paid for the whole thing, no complications, and I have 20/25 vision (the 25 was due to high blood sugar).  Plus got 6 weeks off from work (they do one eye as a time and it takes two weeks for healing plus time to get an exam for new glasses - for reading). 

Nordkapp

« Reply #23 on: 8 Mar 2016, 01:25 am »
I was 13 and 15 prescription.  Didn't have enough cornea to remove more than about half, so I passed.  But a few years later I needed cataract surgery - much better!  Insurance paid for the whole thing, no complications, and I have 20/25 vision (the 25 was due to high blood sugar).  Plus got 6 weeks off from work (they do one eye as a time and it takes two weeks for healing plus time to get an exam for new glasses - for reading).
Wow! A nice, happy ending. Congrats JLM.