Test If You have Alzheimer in 10 Questions

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
Re: Test If You have Alzheimer in 10 Questions
« Reply #20 on: 11 Sep 2015, 09:37 pm »
People worry about this stuff too much. Fergettin' stuff is part of the aging process. If you can name all the vegetables you see at the grocery, you're fine. If you can't find your way home, then you might have a problem.

Doc

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #21 on: 11 Sep 2015, 10:05 pm »
I lost a lot of memory following sinus surgery last month but it's all coming back a bit at a time - it takes a while.
My mom has a weird one - she had a bout of amnesia and lost an entire day.  She went to get into her car, realized that she was having trouble and had a friend drive her to the hospital. 
She remembers the parking lot and then she snapped to in the hospital the following day.  The doctor's didn't even give her an MRI, they said it was due to migraines.  She hasn't had a repeat occurrence so who knows.

I didn't take the test yet but I will in another week or two.  Sinus surgery is weird stuff as it's all right up by the eyes and brain. 

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #22 on: 11 Sep 2015, 11:43 pm »
I hadn't realized that some forms of Alzheimers could be inherited and can manifest at a very young age; in this case, 38. His mother died of it at 47:
http://site.macleans.ca/longform/alzheimers/index.html