A special Aurora for a special customer

Tomy2Tone

Re: A special Aurora for a special customer
« Reply #60 on: 17 Jun 2015, 08:06 pm »
When we debuted your particular incarnation at a small Chicago event, they stole the show.  They throw a huge sound stage and perform like they think they're big floor standers.  Believe me, I'd be happy with that pair too!

If you were to line the two up next to each other and take measurements, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference on paper.  Both exhibit exceedingly smooth and flat response, on and off axis.  Both cover the musical spectrum from below 40Hz to 20KHz within a very narrow window.  It's only when you get into the more subtle detail that the differences become more noticeable.  Uber offers more low end peak SPL before things get a little sloppy and the refinement in the mids and tweeter range is a little more apparent at most any listening level.  It took going "uber" to beat what you have, and that wasn't easy!!!   :green:

Great response!

So I'm taking from that the standard Aurora at the standard price of $3895 is one hell of a speaker!

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #61 on: 17 Jun 2015, 08:20 pm »
Great response!

So I'm taking from that the standard Aurora at the standard price of $3895 is one hell of a speaker!

It's about as much speaker as you can get for that much money.  They'll hold their own against anything near that price.

Nothing looks like it, that's for sure.  Where else can you get styling like that?

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #62 on: 17 Jun 2015, 10:21 pm »
They look pretty bitchin to me man. Nice work, as usual guys. Here I am Ryan!  :green:

bajaed

« Reply #63 on: 17 Jun 2015, 10:22 pm »
Great response!

Standard Aurora IS one hell of a speaker imo after spending a few hours listening to them! Badass is a good description as well. The Uber sounds like an even bigger slice of sonic heaven.  With the fairly radical toe in they sound best with, the view is killer as well.

A no brainer for the price.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #64 on: 17 Jun 2015, 11:27 pm »
A no brainer for the price.

So does that mean we can go ahead and get started on your pair? 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: 18 Jun 2015, 12:17 am »
What is the realistic timeframe? 

EdRo

« Reply #66 on: 18 Jun 2015, 12:21 am »
Just a heads up for you Aurora fans out there. I have a set that are ready for paint, and another 2 sets for assembly! Give Ryan a ring for options. The sky is the limit for these speakers.

bajaed

« Reply #67 on: 18 Jun 2015, 12:33 am »

Man I would love that. As I told you, when I'm able to upgrade my only choices are Vapor. Cirrus,  Aurora or turning my Breeze into a pair of Joule Breeze. I was really tempted a while back when that great deal on that pair of Auroras(Benders?) came up.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #68 on: 18 Jun 2015, 12:38 am »
What are the chances of Vapor having a pair of Uber Auroras to showcase at RMAF this year? That way everybody can see if they're as good or better than the Cirrus...just a thought.  8)

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #69 on: 18 Jun 2015, 01:02 am »
What are the chances of Vapor having a pair of Uber Auroras to showcase at RMAF this year? That way everybody can see if they're as good or better than the Cirrus...just a thought.  8)

At this point I'd have to say slim.  But we do have something else similar that would be new, and hence need introducing to the World  :icon_twisted:

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #70 on: 18 Jun 2015, 01:06 am »
At this point I'd have to say slim.  But we do have something else similar that would be new, and hence need introducing to the World  :icon_twisted:

Shut the front door!  Another new item on the list? I swear you guys must work 18+ hours a day!

Gopher

« Reply #71 on: 18 Jun 2015, 01:07 am »
What is the realistic timeframe?

My build went reasonably quick on Vapors end.  The hold up for me was the custom Flex drivers which took a couple months to come in.  Now that they have a "recipe" on file and Ryan and Pete have built out my cross over and voiced these bad boys, I imagine it'll go pretty quickly.   :thumb:

dex67

« Reply #72 on: 18 Jun 2015, 01:20 am »
i'm hoping that the 'new' speaker will be in my listening room before RMAF...i should know about my finances in the next month or so...:)

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #73 on: 18 Jun 2015, 01:24 am »
i'm hoping that the 'new' speaker will be in my listening room before RMAF...i should know about my finances in the next month or so...:)

Nice Adrian!

dpatters

« Reply #74 on: 18 Jun 2015, 11:59 am »
How's your setup treating you?  Anything new?
Everything is sounding great Ryan! Nothing really new in the setup besides a couple of power cords.
I'm just enjoying the music.  Probably a new DAC in the next year for my 60th birthday.  Having some friends
over Friday evening for dinner and tunes to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary.

Hope all is well!

Don P.

GentleBender

« Reply #75 on: 18 Jun 2015, 01:15 pm »
When we debuted your particular incarnation at a small Chicago event, they stole the show.  They throw a huge sound stage and perform like they think they're big floor standers.  Believe me, I'd be happy with that pair too!

If you were to line the two up next to each other and take measurements, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference on paper.  Both exhibit exceedingly smooth and flat response, on and off axis.  Both cover the musical spectrum from below 40Hz to 20KHz within a very narrow window.  It's only when you get into the more subtle detail that the differences become more noticeable.  Uber offers more low end peak SPL before things get a little sloppy and the refinement in the mids and tweeter range is a little more apparent at most any listening level.  It took going "uber" to beat what you have, and that wasn't easy!!!   :green:
Beside the fact that they sound so spectacular, I love that they sound so good no matter where you are in the room. In fact it sounds like the band is playing in the back room when I leave the room to get a drink or go to answer the door. I feel so lucky to get it right the first time around after stalking this site. In fact I saved so much money by not investing in the wrong gear. :green: Cheers to all who helped me in deciding!  :beer:

Zero upgraditus here! :thumb:

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #76 on: 18 Jun 2015, 07:00 pm »
Maybe it's time that Ryan put together an Uber-Cirrus!

I volunteer as tribute!

EdRo

« Reply #77 on: 21 Jun 2015, 08:39 pm »
Hey Fred...are they there yet???

Gopher

« Reply #78 on: 6 Sep 2015, 03:01 pm »
I wanted to update this thread and let people know my speakers are in house and burning in now.   :thumb:

Pictures don't really do these things justice due to how reflective the finish is, but these things are stunning in person, in fact my cleaning lady freaked out when she saw them last Friday and wanted to know how expensive something like that would be as she wanted a pair!

I'll update on the sound more as things burn in--these things are chocked full of boutique goodness that needs to mature, but initial impressions are that they are very full with great bass and impact and awesome holography.  The BE tweeter is still very new and will undoubtedly smooth out over the next couple weeks.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Fred

bajaed

« Reply #79 on: 6 Sep 2015, 06:15 pm »
Looking forward to the updates Fred. We won't mind some glare, post a few pictures.