Can anyone tell me about Vapor?

whit0915

Can anyone tell me about Vapor?
« on: 27 Mar 2015, 04:38 am »
I currently reside in Florida and my buddy just recently purchased a pair of speakers from Vapor Audio and I was kind of blown away, I have a medium sized listening room, so what are my options in the 5 to 10 thousand range?  Thank you and awaiting your reply.

GentleBender

Re: Can anyone tell me about Vapor?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2015, 09:14 am »
What do you consider medium size and what did your buddy have?

dpatters

« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2015, 12:18 pm »

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2015, 03:01 pm »
Medium size I'd consider being 12'x16' or so.  Honestly room size doesn't have as much to do with speaker selection as how far away you're seated from the speakers.  All our stuff is more balanced in the bass because of the way we tune cabinets to where room issues and overloading rooms isn't often an issue, even with our speakers in smaller rooms.  It can happen, but less likely with our tunings. 

We actually have a huge selection between $5-$10K. 

There's the Cirrus Black and Cirrus White, Black being a full range monitor and White being for sub integration.  They both are state of the art monitors that compete (and beat) any monitors out there.  The Black is ultra smooth and refined while still have incredible transparency, the White is incredibly engaging and lively with off the charts resolution.

Then there the Arcus, a BIG 2-way monitor that is high sensitivity and high resolution, while still also being highly refined and balanced enough to sound great with any music - even bad recordings.  They also can go really loud, sustained over 120db. 

And then the Derecho comes in at just under $10K.  A high style floorstander with high sensitivity and dynamics, great inner resolution and transparency.  These can also be upgraded with the same midrange as found in the $17K Joule Black, which takes them to a new level. 

And then, not shown on our website, but currently under construction here.  We have a large monitor based off the Arcus cabinet, and having a driver compliment the same as the upper half of the Perfect Storm - our custom 8.5" 97db sensitive Accuton, the all new C51 Cell midrange, and the amazing RAAL 140-15D tweeter.  These speakers will be off the charts in terms of dynamics and resolution, they'll push $10K because of the very expensive parts, but in a smaller to medium room where bigger speakers are hard to place properly, these might be just the ticket for and end-of-the-road setup.

standub

« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2015, 04:44 pm »

And then, not shown on our website, but currently under construction here.  We have a large monitor based off the Arcus cabinet, and having a driver compliment the same as the upper half of the Perfect Storm - our custom 8.5" 97db sensitive Accuton, the all new C51 Cell midrange, and the amazing RAAL 140-15D tweeter.  These speakers will be off the charts in terms of dynamics and resolution, they'll push $10K because of the very expensive parts, but in a smaller to medium room where bigger speakers are hard to place properly, these might be just the ticket for and end-of-the-road setup.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2015, 07:31 pm »

Haha, and we could also do the Black version where the 8" Accuton is replaced with a custom spec'd 8" AudioTech.  Both would be the evolution of the Cirrus into a 3-way, and would be the absolute best possible monitors I can even conceive of building.  There just aren't any better parts available, with of course our no compromise cabinetry.

dex67

« Reply #6 on: 27 Mar 2015, 11:35 pm »
Ryan,

I'm not against having another Vapor model, but do you guys have the man power to handle so many projects? you already have some fantastic models...and, in my opinion, people that want to purchase a Vapor product have plenty of options...

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #7 on: 28 Mar 2015, 12:23 am »
Ryan,

I'm not against having another Vapor model, but do you guys have the man power to handle so many projects? you already have some fantastic models...and, in my opinion, people that want to purchase a Vapor product have plenty of options...

Hey Dex,
We are a custom shop above all else.  Nearly every model in the lineup started as a custom request and only added to the lineup after the fact.  Once the design is done we have no issues making another one. 

Of course there were a few exceptions.  Nimbus is one that started as a larger version of my own DIY system, just to see what we could do in the realm of full range, high sensitivity.  Aurora was the smaller version of that same system.

Derecho was another, just to push ourselves to see how big a stack of pieces we could put into a cabinet.  Nearly everything else started after consulting with the customer about their vision for a speaker to meet their needs.

The model Ryan is talking about is simply part of the already under construction Perfect Storm, except the cabinet will take the shape of Arcus rather than Cirrus.  The two customers in line for those systems preferred the look of the Arcus cabinets, so we accommodate.  I doubt that they'll be posted as a model on the website but who knows.  I like the look of the larger Cirrus style cabinet over the Arcus and it has other advantages including a smoother diffraction signature.  But, it is larger overall and that might not be everyone's cup of tea, so we do offer alternate cabinet looks.  The Arcus style cabinet is actually easier to work on too.

fex02

« Reply #8 on: 28 Mar 2015, 05:10 pm »
whit- i will have vapor joule white shortly. your welcome to give them a run !
i am in beverly hills florida-34465.