AKFest! ModWright and Bamberg Speakers in Room 534!

modwright

AKFest! ModWright and Bamberg Speakers in Room 534!
« on: 20 Apr 2009, 08:48 pm »
We are pleased and honored to be supplying MWI electronics to the Bamberg Speaker room 534, in conjunction with Soundstring cables.

I had the pleasure of meeting Phil at RMAF 2008 and was VERY impressed with his speakers.  We found a common ground with regards to sound, the audio business and a common goal to produce exceptional gear for the pure enjoyment of music!

When asked to join Bamberg Speakers and Soundstring Cables at AKFEST '09, I happily agreed.

I will not be able to attend personally, but we are sending out the following:

Platinum Signature Truth Modified Transporter.
LS 36.5 Balanced Tube LS.
KWA 150 SS Power Amplifier.

I am certain that our electronics, combined with the phenomenal Bamberg speakers and Soundstring Cables will provide exceptional sound.

If you have not heard our Transporter, LS 36.5, KWA 150 amp or the exceptional Bamberg speakers, I would encourage you to visit Room 534 and check them out!

I will be there in spirit!

Sincerely,

Dan W.

« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2010, 07:28 pm by modwright »

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: AKFest! ModWright and Bamberg Speakers in Room 534!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2009, 10:06 pm »
I'll be there, Dan, and can help out with MW info and feedback, if needed.

AB

« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2009, 12:34 am »
I remember those speakers from RMAF. Really great sound. I don't remember what electronics were used then but with all MW gear I'd bet that room is going to be one of the best.
I'm pretty cranky knowing I won't get to check it out. :duh:

modwright

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2009, 12:00 am »
Thanks Ted, VERY COOL!  I have the gear sent off to Phil, but I am probably going to have some lit. printed at the last minute and fired off to Phil.  I really appreciate your offer to help out!

Take care,

Dan

MrBrix

« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2009, 10:41 pm »
Awesome Dan.  I will check this room out.  I plan on finally attending AKFest for the first time this year

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2009, 01:06 am »
I've had a little scheduling setback, but still hoping to make it, Dan.

modwright

« Reply #6 on: 26 Apr 2009, 05:46 pm »
That's cool Ted. I hope that you can make it, for your own enjoyment.  As I won't be able to attend, I certainly welcome feedback from those who attend the show and here our gear with Bamber speakers.

Take care,

Dan

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 26 Apr 2009, 06:22 pm »
I'm a big fan of the Soundstring cables.  I use their Alpha Pro XLR's from my Modwright LS 36.5 two box to my amps (5 meters).  I hope I can make it and hear the Bambergs with your setup.  The speakers look to be quite interesting (active capable, mini-monitor imaging w/ powered woofers, speakon connectors, etc.).  I see they will also use Ethan's Realtraps in the room.  Very nice (I just made another decent sized order with Ethan, for my remodel project).  I should be able to provide some credibility in that the only product I don't own are the speakers (amps too, but they are coming with next run  ;) ).

modwright

« Reply #8 on: 26 Apr 2009, 07:56 pm »
I can say from experience that the Bamberg speakers are exceptional. It is only aftering hearing them at RMAF and meeting Phil Bamberg that I agreed to show with them.

We are pairing our new amps with a number of different speakers and this allows us to tell our cusomers which speakers have excellent synergy with our amps.

To date, I can list the following speakers as having great synergy with the KWA 150:

1) Daedalus speakers - entire line.
2) Bamberg speakers.
3) Emerald Physics.
4) Greybeard KB/2/W's and KB/3/3's.
5) Rethm Sadhanna speakers.
6) Zu Druids.
7) Magnepan 3.6's.
8 ) Salk speakers.
9) Audio Machina - Maestro's.

Please visit the Bamberg, MWI and Soundstring cable Room 534 at AKfest if you are able to attend and share your feedback here.

Thanks!

Dan
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2009, 05:21 pm by modwright »

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 26 Apr 2009, 08:32 pm »
No, that's not Dan favoring the Salk's, it's just the HTML code on the forum turning "the number eight and closed parentheses" into a smiley icon.  8)

modwright

« Reply #10 on: 27 Apr 2009, 05:21 pm »
Thanks Ted, fixed it.  I have not hear the Salk speakers.  I understand that they are excellent, but Ted is right, I was not intending to highlight them.

Thanks,

Dan