Can the ModWright SWL 9.0SE handle 110 or 220 volt power mains?

dave_in_gva

Hi, hopefully a quick question. I've not been able to see a manual or schematic drawing for this preamp. I live in Switzerland and run on 220 volts. Can someone tell me if the main unit and the new outboard tube rectified power supply have auto sensing of mains voltage and can handle either 110 or 220 volts?

Thanks,

Dave M

HumanMedia

Hi, hopefully a quick question. I've not been able to see a manual or schematic drawing for this preamp. I live in Switzerland and run on 220 volts. Can someone tell me if the main unit and the new outboard tube rectified power supply have auto sensing of mains voltage and can handle either 110 or 220 volts?

Thanks,

Dave M

No not autosensing, but you can order a 220-240V model from Modwright (including or excluding the rectified power supply).

dave_in_gva

Thanks, although this is a bit of a bummer.

I was hoping to buy used through Audiogon and save some money which means for all intents and purposes dealing with a US-based seller.

Anyone have any ideas re a Euro-based possibility of picking up a used model?

Alternatively, would running this unit of a voltage transformer be a wise idea?

Thanks,

Dave M (who wishes audio manafacturers everywhere would use autosensing power supply circuitry) :?

ndeslions

I know someone who sells one used in France.
Please give me your contact informations and i will ask him to call you (you speak french ?).

dave_in_gva

Merci Ndeslions,

Oui je parle francais, alors vous pourriez m'envoyer un PM via ce groupe.

Merci encore.

David

shep

Salut la Francophonie! Enfin  aa Je n'ai aucune réponse concernant ta question, à part le plaisir de dire n'importe quoi en F. Si tu te sens perdu... :o

dave_in_gva

Not really lost Shep. French isn't my first language but I can get by in French and understand the frustrations for people who's first language is not English coming to these boards.

Meilleures salutations,

David

shep

Thwarted again :oops:!