BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces

ttsto

Re: BDP-1 Recommended Interfaces
« Reply #340 on: 25 Nov 2012, 01:54 pm »
On Bryston interface on PC I built Album Art DB from Settings (not certain this is required)

On the settings of MPDroid
  Download local cover art checked
  Path to music = http://ip_address_of_bdp/music - this is where I was not able to figure it from the begining
  Cover filename = cover.jpg (in my case)

NMG

« Reply #341 on: 25 Nov 2012, 02:41 pm »
James,

I use MPOD on iPhone. Pretty good but a bit clunky when making Playlists, and when one selects the "Artists" option (as opposed to "Album") it gives you the composers, not the performers. Bottom line -- convenient from the listening chair, but a on the primitive side.

On PC, use Gnome, which is great. Intuitive, easy to create Playlists, has a Search option -- which there was an iPhone app for it.

Hope this helps.

Neal

hawkeye99

« Reply #342 on: 26 Nov 2012, 11:25 am »
Gnome. I like the consume feature and the artist art. I really haven't used any other interfaces to any extent.

Jozsef

Re: BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces
« Reply #343 on: 27 Nov 2012, 11:16 pm »
Hi James,

Max2 is pretty nice and I use it quite happily on the PC and Blackberry Playbook. I do like Minion a lot though, and today reverted to Firefox 4 as it's the last officially supported version, just to get it back. This of course makes it unwise to browse with it for reasons of security. Switching to Opera means losing Adblock Plus, but Chrome is another option if you like the interface. Or just get another computer. ;)

If anyone is interested, I can provide instructions for putting MPDroid on the Playbook. It looks nice and works fine but isn't the most convenient thing for the way I want to use it.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #344 on: 28 Nov 2012, 02:26 am »
Hi James,

Max2 is pretty nice and I use it quite happily on the PC and Blackberry Playbook. I do like Minion a lot though, and today reverted to Firefox 4 as it's the last officially supported version, just to get it back. This of course makes it unwise to browse with it for reasons of security. Switching to Opera means losing Adblock Plus, but Chrome is another option if you like the interface. Or just get another computer. ;)

If anyone is interested, I can provide instructions for putting MPDroid on the Playbook. It looks nice and works fine but isn't the most convenient thing for the way I want to use it.

Firefox 17 and Minion work well with the patch.

james

Jozsef

« Reply #345 on: 30 Nov 2012, 03:13 pm »
Firefox 17 and Minion work well with the patch.

james

Now that's interesting. When FF16 came along and it never connected again, I assumed it was finally beyond working with the patched installer. I'll have to try it. :)

Jozsef

« Reply #346 on: 1 Dec 2012, 10:18 pm »
James, Minion now does work, just as you said it should, so it's another mystery or perhaps evidence of sentience. :wink:

And of course he didn't just patch the installer but the program as well. I was obviously thinking of something else, but with luck his enthusiasm will continue and we can keep using this client.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #347 on: 17 Dec 2012, 11:54 am »
Hi folks

New version of mPod is available - 1.8 - from the App Store.

James

Alpha10

« Reply #348 on: 17 Dec 2012, 04:01 pm »
Hi folks

James

I like the easier access to the database update/refresh in the settings. Seems a bit faster as well

Cheers

mfig

« Reply #349 on: 17 Dec 2012, 04:48 pm »
Hi folks

James

... and just up now, the newest version of MPAD...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #350 on: 18 Dec 2012, 11:13 am »
Both the new MPAD and MPOD apps appear to work well on the BDP 1 and BDP-2  :thumb:

James

yioryos

« Reply #351 on: 22 Dec 2012, 01:39 am »
Hi  to all
I just bought the 32gb Blackberry Playbook,it was a great deal I couldn't pass.I mainly got it for use with the BDP-1 . I was given two weeks return period if not happy, from reading the forum I understand the Playbook can interface with BDP-1 please correct me if wrong.So anybody can help me on this.What do I need to do to be able to interface the Playbook with the BDP-1. I realize that the Playbook is not as popular as Ipads and android tablets but have noticed some members are using
Playbooks already for the specific task of interfacing with BDP-1, I wish to be able to view album art, artist and song name and of course to compose playlists right on the playbook from the comfort of my couch.Also what brand,model router to buy for the wifi connection to the BDP-1,mancave option .
Being first time novice ,please give me a step by step guidance.
Thank you in advance
George

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #352 on: 23 Dec 2012, 01:38 pm »
Hi  to all
I just bought the 32gb Blackberry Playbook,it was a great deal I couldn't pass.I mainly got it for use with the BDP-1 . I was given two weeks return period if not happy, from reading the forum I understand the Playbook can interface with BDP-1 please correct me if wrong.So anybody can help me on this.What do I need to do to be able to interface the Playbook with the BDP-1. I realize that the Playbook is not as popular as Ipads and android tablets but have noticed some members are using
Playbooks already for the specific task of interfacing with BDP-1, I wish to be able to view album art, artist and song name and of course to compose playlists right on the playbook from the comfort of my couch.Also what brand,model router to buy for the wifi connection to the BDP-1,mancave option .
Being first time novice ,please give me a step by step guidance.
Thank you in advance
George

Hi George

I do not think the Playbook can be used but will wait for more input from the Bryston group. I use iTouch and the iPad with good success.

james

hal jones

« Reply #353 on: 15 Jan 2013, 04:50 pm »
I just side loaded the MPDroid app onto my Playbook. Started it up and it seems to be ok.

Can't test it any further as I don't have a BDP 1 or 2.  :duh:.................. yet :thumb:

yioryos

« Reply #354 on: 16 Jan 2013, 01:19 am »

[ I just side loaded the MPDroid app onto my Playbook. Started it up and it seems to be ok.

Can't test it any further as I don't have a BDP 1 or 2.  :duh:.................. yet :thumb:]

:D Hi hal jones, I am sending you PM.
Thanks
George

hal jones

« Reply #355 on: 16 Jan 2013, 02:47 pm »
Here's how I did it...... (if I remember correctly....)

1st: found MPDroid to download: http://www.1mobile.com/mpdroid-99890.html

2nd: followed the instructions here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f258/diy-how-sideload-android-apps-playbook-2-0-a-701348/

The BBH tool they recommend in the 2nd step I found on my own to make sure it was an up to date version: Download Here: BBHTool v2.4.9.7a http://bit.ly/GetBBHToolAlt

I think that's it. The Crackberry site is a very good resource.

yioryos

« Reply #356 on: 17 Jan 2013, 01:27 am »
  :D Hi hal jones

Thanks for the instructions and links provided.

Regards
George

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #357 on: 17 Jan 2013, 03:49 am »
On Bryston interface on PC I built Album Art DB from Settings (not certain this is required)

On the settings of MPDroid
  Download local cover art checked
  Path to music = http://ip_address_of_bdp/music - this is where I was not able to figure it from the begining
  Cover filename = cover.jpg (in my case)

Hello,

Album Art DB is only useful if you are using the Max 2 web interface and only works if you have a scratch drive selected.  You may wish to try clearing your album art cache, this will initially result in the loss of the existing album art; however should repopulate within a few minutes.

Cheers,
Chris

joc3721

• Departure Audio
« Reply #358 on: 19 Jan 2013, 03:01 pm »
BDP experts:  I have a PC, Blackberry Playbook and Windows phone.  Is there an optimal solution for a remote app on one or more of these?  I'd rather not buy an Apple or Android product just for a remote.  Saw the Blackberry post, looks complicated. 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #359 on: 19 Jan 2013, 03:39 pm »
BDP experts:  I have a PC, Blackberry Playbook and Windows phone.  Is there an optimal solution for a remote app on one or more of these?  I'd rather not buy an Apple or Android product just for a remote.  Saw the Blackberry post, looks complicated.

Hi

Download Gnome if you are using a PC

James