Something for the car guys

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Something for the car guys
« Reply #20 on: 15 Mar 2010, 10:48 pm »
B&O would be good in there. The Beolab 5, I believe it is called, is a 4 way speaker system with a mono ICE amp for each driver, digital inputs and a built in room correction system. Also, really large spaces needn't be as concerned about room treatment. My only concern about living there, aside from Illinois weather, would be cleaning something that large. A window washer service would be very pricy. Perhaps someone on this site would know about that.

mcgsxr

« Reply #21 on: 15 Mar 2010, 11:01 pm »
Sure, any kind of omni speaker - Duvel Planets, Shahinians, OB etc would likely be better than monopoles, but just imagine hanging tons of room treatments in there!

I guess one would just have to build a bunker on the property for sound!!!

SwedeSound

« Reply #22 on: 15 Mar 2010, 11:13 pm »
I think the guys with these places can afford pretty nice dedicated listening rooms if they're into that sort of thing. Or they just hire their favorite bands to come play live.  :D

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #23 on: 16 Mar 2010, 08:24 am »
My only concern about living there, aside from Illinois weather, would be cleaning something that large. A window cleaning service would be very pricy. Perhaps someone on this site would know about that.

Wouldn't be too bad of a job Tom...all large thermo glass panels on one level...it would go quick....and time is money.