Morrow Audio Interconnects.

dflee

Re: Morrow Audio Interconnects.
« Reply #20 on: 8 Oct 2011, 01:10 pm »
Tony
I am curious. Have you ever had any piece of equipment or cable "revert"? I have read where others have sent cables or disconnected them for a period of time and it took a little time to settle in once back in the system.

And JT- what is considered a bunch? I would be willing to bet that most of those are trade ins for higher models and I'll also bet that any cable you have that was purchased and not diy, that company will have a "bunch" used available.

Later
Don

tonyptony

« Reply #21 on: 8 Oct 2011, 01:54 pm »
Tony
I am curious. Have you ever had any piece of equipment or cable "revert"? I have read where others have sent cables or disconnected them for a period of time and it took a little time to settle in once back in the system.

No, Don, never. But the Morrow cables seem to have a particularly long burn in time. In my friend's case he said they didn't settle in until 400+ hours. I started wondering if that meant it had some weird propensity to change if not used once that point was reached. Kind of like, it's so hard to get there that staying there is equally hard. I know - doesn't make sense. But it just popped into my head.

And thanks TJ for the info.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #22 on: 6 Nov 2011, 04:36 pm »
Tony

And JT- what is considered a bunch? I would be willing to bet that most of those are trade ins for higher models and I'll also bet that any cable you have that was purchased and not diy, that company will have a "bunch" used available.

Later
Don

Absolutely yes. The dielectric needs to settle in again once disconnected . Usually back in a few days.

charles
SMA

tarquineous

« Reply #23 on: 11 Dec 2011, 09:11 pm »
Tony

Later
Don

From my experience with components, and many different cables, I would say they all revert about 10%. But that's after weeks of not using them. I believe its the metal and the dielectric in components, including the solder.

Four hours of actual playing time, brings them most of the way back. Systems always seem to settle after a full day or two, and sound fuller and relaxed... less tizz and hype.

audiogoober

« Reply #24 on: 11 Dec 2011, 10:51 pm »
Last year I tried several morrow MA-6's and their top of the line power cords (can't recall the model but it was Mikes best). Some I purchased new, and some I bought used. The new ones were precooked. After several weeks of play time and critical listening they just weren't my cup of tea. I sold them all and spent much more money on other brands, but couldn't be happier now. At that time, and in my experience, Mike really pushed for exchanges - not refunds. Getting my money back was not easy but it did happen.

tarquineous

« Reply #25 on: 12 Dec 2011, 12:35 am »
I have the MA-4s here, and my results in one system are similar. I would call it a little overbearing in this system, which includes a Burson Audio Buffer, and a SET amplifier. The Von Gaylord Chinchilla, and the Grover Huffman interconnects are more natural and tone correct. System dependent. I may try their power cord, since I prefer copper PCs.

What makes my skin crawl, is hearing advertisements of best in the world, or "beats all other cables".

mjock3

« Reply #26 on: 17 Dec 2011, 07:31 pm »
I just received a DIG4 and had it cooked for 5 days and was so glad I did. Doubt that it are finished breaking in yet but it sounds just incredible. I had my brothers Eagle Eye for quite a bit and did not want to let go of it. So I emailed Mike and asked him if he had something on that level of digital interconnect. He told me to try the DIG4, he thought it would beat the Eagle Eye and if not return it in 60 days. So I thought what the heck. I am loving it!!

Mark

TJHUB

« Reply #27 on: 17 Dec 2011, 09:13 pm »
I just received a DIG4 and had it cooked for 5 days and was so glad I did. Doubt that it are finished breaking in yet but it sounds just incredible. I had my brothers Eagle Eye for quite a bit and did not want to let go of it. So I emailed Mike and asked him if he had something on that level of digital interconnect. He told me to try the DIG4, he thought it would beat the Eagle Eye and if not return it in 60 days. So I thought what the heck. I am loving it!!

Mark

Be cautious of Mike's cooked cables.  My speaker cables (SP4 bi-wires) came in with 5 days on the cooker.  I put them in, and they sounded incredible.  What I didn't realize, until things got bad, was the speaker cables were changing.  They were getting peaky in the treble, and the overall weight was getting thin sounding.  Basically, they were turning very bad on me.  Once I realized what was happening, I ran them as much as possible to break them in.  At times the sound was so bad, I pulled them out of my system.  It took over 500 hours to settle back in.  That was long enough for me to wish I'd never purchased them!

My friend had Morrow cables (MA6's, SP6's, and a DIG4).  He claimed the DIG4 had the longest break-in time.  So while your cable may sound great now, if things seem to go bad, it's that DIG4 cable.  At least you'll be able to stick it on another device to break-in.  I had nothing to put my SP4's on, so I basically had to suffer through most of the break in hours.