Downsize Audio Cables - Speaker Cables, Interconnects, Power Cable

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
A reasonable answer that we may put to the test sometime soon.  I'd like to try Sweet Spot Reveals with high quality materials and I'm checking out some candidates now.  Thanks for posting what Josh says, but what do you think about the original question yourself Agisthos?

Audiocircle rules are that manufacturers should not participate directly in a review discussion. I have asked Josh this question before and he says

- It is only when the geometry is EXACTLY right that the quality of materials really start to make a big difference in the sound.  If the geometry isn't optimum to start with, NO amount of quality materials can overcome the time smearing and congested sound that incorrect geometry brings.  When you get the geometry right to start with, the differences in conductors and connectors are VERY obvious.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2011, 02:41 pm by Letitroll98 »

Agisthos

A reasonable answer that we may put to the test sometime soon.  I'd like to try Sweet Spot Reveals with high quality materials and I'm checking out some candidates now.  Thanks for posting what Josh says, but what do you think about the original question yourself Agisthos?

I think it is the logical solution. If I was making my own cables, I would keep the conductor the same for consitancy, then by trial and error try different types of geometry until I hit on what worked best. (with a cable cooker to burn in each design of course)