FET Valve CFR Preamplifier Reviewer’s Choice Award by Part Time Audiophile

WGH

Dec. 3, 2021

Audio by Van Alstine FET Valve CFR Preamplifier | REVIEW

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2021/12/03/audio-by-van-alstine-fet-valve-cfr-preamplifier-review/

"The Audio by Van Alstine FET Valve CFR preamplifier, to put it succinctly, offers the same clarity and precision that you’ll find with the best solid-state gear. It’s surprisingly non-tubey, except when you put your miner’s cap on and really delve into those subtle harmonic structures in the music. Then you’ll hear it, that human feel to the music, those layers of meaning that are slowly and purposefully revealed when you listen to tubed amplification."

"That’s why the Frank Van Alstine FET Valve CFR deserves a Reviewer’s Choice Award—it offers a resounding YES to the idea that you can still get a preamplifier that performs extremely well and has plenty of features and does everything you want it to do. "

Marc Phillips - Part Time Audiophile

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
That's probably good confirmation of what you're hearing.

avahifi

Our Fet Valve CFR vacuum tube preamp combined with our new R2X balanced adaptor driving our magic M225 mono amplifiers will give you the best sound you have er heard. Unless, of course, you have our new Digital Preamplifier, which eliminates a couple of conversion stages.

Frank

WGH

All the guests went home so it was time for one last album before bed. I picked the excellent new Raise the Roof by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (96 kHz/24 bit)

The Fet Valve CFR vacuum tube preamp with the Vision SET 400 amp clearly resolved the pair's intricate harmonies and Alison's ethereal soaring vocals without a trace of brightness or hardness. The instrumentation is impeccably recorded, this is an album that draws you further and further into the music. I'll give 'Raise the Roof' my Album of the Year Award and an A+ for both performance and recording quality. Forget about streaming, to hear the magic and get totally immersed in the music like in the old days get the 96 kHz/24 bit version, you deserve it.