Eminence Acoustinator N2012 woofers...

Chops

Eminence Acoustinator N2012 woofers...
« on: 1 Dec 2021, 11:54 pm »
I keep forgetting that I have these darn drivers... EIGHT of them in fact!

Danny (or anyone in the know), what kind of bass response can I expect from these in typical H-frames, most likely two towers of four drivers per side?

For amps, I would probably go with a pair of Dayton Audio SPA250DSP plate amps which would be more than enough to power these woofers.

I figure I have these drivers, I might as well use them, especially now since I have the proper space for them. After using only a single one on each channel a while back, I know they are capable of pretty decent volume levels and bass output (on small flat baffles and one side wing), surprisingly so. I can only imagine eight of them in H-frames would be tremendously better.

Many thank in advance.

Chops

Re: Eminence Acoustinator N2012 woofers...
« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2021, 06:43 pm »
Wow... Okay...

NoahH

« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2021, 07:25 pm »
I suspect no one else has touched those exact woofers and this the silence. Perhaps you might look at the response curves for the woofers from GR in H frames and outside and assume a similar change?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 4 Dec 2021, 08:00 pm »
Funny you mentioned these woofers..
We're brainstorming an idea for a retro style speaker using them with some coaxial driver's we have on hand.

Not sure about their performance in open air tho. As they're really intended for a 1-1.75 cuft sealed cabinet, and likely dont habe the power to really achieve whats necessary to hit particularly deep as a subwoofer.
Danny would have to answer that.

WC

« Reply #4 on: 5 Dec 2021, 02:43 am »
Weren't they originally used as the bass section in the V2. It wasn't an H frame but it was an open baffle.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #5 on: 5 Dec 2021, 04:12 am »
Weren't they originally used as the bass section in the V2. It wasn't an H frame but it was an open baffle.
I'm quite sure you're right.  Tyson had a pair IIRC.

Chops

« Reply #6 on: 5 Dec 2021, 12:53 pm »

Exactly. Heck, a purchased the darn things from Danny years ago BECAUSE he used them in the V2's.

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 5 Dec 2021, 03:44 pm »
I have quite a few of those still in stock. I'll run some numbers on them and see what I can come up with.

They did work well in an open baffle too.

Chops

« Reply #8 on: 5 Dec 2021, 04:39 pm »
I have quite a few of those still in stock. I'll run some numbers on them and see what I can come up with.

They did work well in an open baffle too.

Thank you Danny. I would really appreciate that.

Another concern would be having 4' tall bass towers along side or behind the X-Statik's. I wouldn't want those towers effecting the overall sound staging and imaging of the X-Statik's. What's a good distance to have typical H-frames from the front wall?

Danny Richie

« Reply #9 on: 11 Dec 2021, 02:33 pm »
Thank you Danny. I would really appreciate that.

Another concern would be having 4' tall bass towers along side or behind the X-Statik's. I wouldn't want those towers effecting the overall sound staging and imaging of the X-Statik's. What's a good distance to have typical H-frames from the front wall?

They need to be three feet or more out into the room.

And you can lay them on their sides in the middle of the sound stage.