opinions on outlaw amps

rosconey

opinions on outlaw amps
« on: 28 Dec 2002, 01:43 pm »
a friend just pointed out that outlaw has a new mono block amp-200watts at 8 ohm for 300$ each.
i may cancel my ird mb 100's and get a pair of these.
any opinions on quality of outlaw products apriciated.

mgalusha

opinions on outlaw amps
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2002, 01:50 pm »
I have had my Outlaw 750 for about two years serving duty in my HT. It has been completely trouble free. It has excelent control of the woofers (better than my stereo Statos) but is not  as clean and open sounding as the Stratos.

I would be a little concerned about their new amp just because of the problems with dissipating heat in such a small chassis. Hopefully they have addressed this.

HTH, Mike

CastAwayWilson

opinions on outlaw amps
« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2002, 11:04 pm »
Quote from: mgalusha
I have had my Outlaw 750 for about two years serving duty in my HT. It has been completely trouble free. It has excelent control of the woofers (better than my stereo Statos) but is not  as clean and open sounding as the Stratos.

I would be a little concerned about their new amp just because of the problems with dissipating heat in such a small chassis. Hopefully they have addressed this.

HTH, Mike

Fans! ? well any how movies we want good sound on but its not like all the voices are recorded in a studio

fredgarvin

outlaw
« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2002, 11:50 pm »
Rosconey, I heard the outlaw in comparison to the Marantz sr5200 and the Marantz sounded better, especially with music. My feeling is the IRD would also sound better although I have not heard them. I am speaking of the outlaw 1050 (oops) I have heard it said that the voicing is similar.

eico1

opinions on outlaw amps
« Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2002, 12:59 am »
Since it's in a 1.3/4 inch chassiss, might it be similiar to a pro switching amp like qsc etc? I dunno about a toroidial that height to drive 200 watts.

steve

rosconey

opinions on outlaw amps
« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2002, 01:08 am »
did a little research after the giants game.outlaws forum-
its a class a/b amp up to 80 watts i think then it switches to a class G for the rest of its rated power. something like that anyways, i'll pass on it and stick with the ird monos.