Welcome to GAS

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
Re: Welcome to GAS
« Reply #360 on: 29 Dec 2019, 03:05 am »
Jcowling, welcome!  Glad my instructions to you were able to lead you here!

sturgus

« Reply #361 on: 29 Dec 2019, 08:54 pm »
Welcome  :thumb:

JohnH12

• John H
« Reply #362 on: 30 Dec 2019, 02:58 am »
Welcome.  Congrats on finishing the the LX521s, I hope you are enjoying them.  I'm building a 1/2 size Lx521 for a speaker competition in April.

Wally_C

« Reply #363 on: 30 Dec 2019, 04:54 am »
Welcome Jcowling!

Didnasker

« Reply #364 on: 9 Mar 2020, 02:54 am »
Good evening and thanks for the great dialog -- been reading up (2004 and on...).   Moved to St. Louis yesterday (literally) and spent the day walking around the downtown...  beautiful.   I stumbled upon GAS while looking for local HiFi retailers and hope to contribute when I'm qualified to do so...
All the best,
Chris

popthinker

« Reply #365 on: 9 Mar 2020, 10:03 pm »
Good evening and thanks for the great dialog -- been reading up (2004 and on...).   Moved to St. Louis yesterday (literally) and spent the day walking around the downtown...  beautiful.   I stumbled upon GAS while looking for local HiFi retailers and hope to contribute when I'm qualified to do so...
All the best,
Chris
Welcome, Chris! You are qualified NOW...jump on in.

We're an easygoing group who like everything from vintage to modern. You'll find expertise in many areas here as well as people, like myself, on the learning path.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #366 on: 9 Mar 2020, 10:43 pm »
Welcome!  :thumb:

Wally_C

« Reply #367 on: 13 May 2020, 03:11 pm »
Glad you found us!  Welcome aboard!

sturgus

« Reply #368 on: 20 Jul 2020, 02:59 am »
Just thought I would check in and see how  everyone is doing I hope all is well. Stay safe, and happy listening.

cgi1957

« Reply #369 on: 28 Jul 2020, 07:44 pm »
Good afternoon,

I am new to this site.  I was referred to it by Mike Missel about four years ago but have not joined until now.  Mike repaired my VPI HW-19 MK4 turntable.  I am looking forward to interacting with the members.

Clem Igel

popthinker

« Reply #370 on: 28 Jul 2020, 08:40 pm »
Good afternoon,

I am new to this site.  I was referred to it by Mike Missel about four years ago but have not joined until now.  Mike repaired my VPI HW-19 MK4 turntable.  I am looking forward to interacting with the members.

Clem Igel
Welcome, Clem. We've gone virtual at the moment, and things are kinda slow, but you'll find a lot of friendly people here.

Debbie

cgi1957

« Reply #371 on: 29 Jul 2020, 03:34 pm »
Thank you Debbie.  I would like to get some feedback from the group on a cartridge for my turntable.  Can you tell me what would be the appropriate way to do that please?

popthinker

« Reply #372 on: 29 Jul 2020, 09:48 pm »
Thank you Debbie.  I would like to get some feedback from the group on a cartridge for my turntable.  Can you tell me what would be the appropriate way to do that please?
We're really informal. Just start a new thread and ask. :)

churchill127

« Reply #373 on: 24 Nov 2020, 05:42 pm »
Hello All!

My name is Winston and I just joined audiocircle. I have recently become interested in audio equipment and restoration due to the extra time on my hands during the pandemic. I started by recapping and restoring an old SS zenith console unit, and have moved on from there to restoring tube amps and turntables, whatever I can get my hands on for a reasonable price. I'll say it is not easy to be the first one to a good deal in St. Louis!

My current project is the restoration of a fisher console unit (Philharmonic II with the P-22 amp) which has been really just a treat to work on. I will post pictures of that soon!

Glad to see that there is an audio community in St. Louis!

NAD Tom

« Reply #374 on: 13 Mar 2022, 03:28 am »
Greetings from an old new member! I joined two years ago and then got waylaid by the pandemic. I began working from home two years ago today and wound up working more hours from home than I ever did at my office.
That left little time for fun stuff like enjoying my system and albums.
I bought the framework of my system from Hi-Fi Fo-Fum in 1976. In the early '80s, I upgraded my Dual turntable to a Denon. I later added an NAD CD player. In the early 2000s, my wife and I plunged into home theater with a Denon receiver, Sony DVD player and later a Sony BD player and Klipsch Reference speakers.
I get more use and enjoyment out of my stereo system than I do out the home theater set up.
Now one of my New Larger Advent speakers is sounding a little weak. I'm trying to determine if it's the tweeter or the crossover.
Happy listening and collecting!
Tom

SoaringBear

« Reply #375 on: 7 Feb 2023, 01:58 am »
Hello Everyone,

I am Soaring Bear and brand new to GAS. I made some inexpensive upgrades to my system which have increased my enjoyment. I replaced my B&K Components preamp and amp with Emotiva. Coloration disappeared and bass tightened up. I have an old Panasonic CD/DVD that I run through an Emotiva Stealth DAC.

I have auditioned some speakers but keep coming back to my inexpensive 2-ways and thinking that they sound better overall. This has surprised me because some of these speakers were over $5-6K. My speakers are Dahlquist 2-way bookshelf speakers from late 1980s with VIFA dome tweeters.

My speaker wires are copper clad in silver with a single twist that I bought through Mapleshade. My speakers had never imaged before these speakers. The change was astounding.
My interconnect are single strand sterling silver 30 ga wire in teflon tubes without any shielding. I know, I know. It goes against the current trend, but they sound good to me.

I enjoy a lot of different types of music. Lately, I notice that live recordings, especially acoustic ones, are giving me the most pleasure.

That's my story. My system isn't expensive, but sounds so good to me.

STLMike

« Reply #376 on: 11 May 2023, 05:29 pm »
Hello All,

Introducing myself.  I am relatively new to both 2 channel and HT but have gradually been building my setup.  Found AudioCircle and happy to find everyone here in STL. 

Mike

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #377 on: 11 May 2023, 06:19 pm »
Not much happening around these parts for many years now. But welcome!

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #378 on: 12 May 2023, 12:24 am »
Welcome Sir!  :thumb:

lubertjoe

« Reply #379 on: 30 Mar 2024, 11:31 am »
Hello all, was trying to reach Scott F.  Please let me know the best way.