Emerald Physics CS2's - Part 1

TomS

Re: Emerald Physics CS2's - Part 1
« Reply #20 on: 18 Feb 2008, 12:14 am »

Thanks Tom:

I hear Clayton may come out with a 3 way as well.

Gotto like it.

Rocket_Ronny
He has a number of interesting things in development at the moment.  I really like the idea of one crossover point fairly low in the range, which is what the CS2's are doing.  Not sure what the next one will look like at this point.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #21 on: 18 Feb 2008, 12:19 am »
It might be a different two way or it might be a three way...

Hang in there, maybe I can get Clayton to post on what the future holds.

George

cloudbaseracer

« Reply #22 on: 26 Feb 2008, 06:09 pm »
Anyone know how to get in touch with Kehut (Ken) in Georgia?  I have sent him a pm but have not gotten a reply. 

He may not actively use this site, not sure really.

James

kehut

« Reply #23 on: 26 Feb 2008, 11:13 pm »
Hi James...yes..I am here. Whats up?

Ken

Clayton Shaw

« Reply #24 on: 27 Feb 2008, 04:22 am »
We receive a lot of questions regarding our upcoming products. Here are the products closest to production:

• CS1 Reference Loudspeaker -
   1. 2 way, open baffle
   2. DSP controlled
   3. 4 x 15" woofers per channel
   4. Ultra wideband, high resolution mid/treble transducer
   5. Aircraft grade aluminum superstructure.
      $10-20K depending on processor.

• Tachyon System Controller - Condenses all electronics (except power amps) into a single digital device designed for our speakers:
  1. Music File Player / Ripper
  2. Volume Control - full 24 bit resolution digital
  3. DSP EQ - FIR filters
  4. DSP Crossover network
  5. Room Correction
  6. D/A conversion - very high performance, 8 channels
     From $5k

• DSP Speaker Processor - digital and analog inputs, 24/96, high end D/A section, very short signal path. XLR and RCA connections.
    $1500

Clayton

ttan98

« Reply #25 on: 27 Feb 2008, 10:29 pm »
Clayton,

Can you confirm whether you would be exhibiting CS1 or CS2 at the next RMAF in 2008? I am thinking seriously of attending.

Clayton Shaw

« Reply #26 on: 27 Feb 2008, 10:45 pm »
We plan to exhibit the CS2 and publicly debut the CS1.

Clayton

ttan98

« Reply #27 on: 27 Feb 2008, 11:16 pm »
We plan to exhibit the CS2 and publicly debut the CS1.

Clayton

Most likely it seals my attendence to the 2008 exhibition, I am coming from Australia on the way to Canada!

cheers.

Clayton Shaw

« Reply #28 on: 27 Feb 2008, 11:37 pm »
Great, we are excited you are making the trip. Email me before the show and I will look out for you during RMAF.

Clayton

ttan98

« Reply #29 on: 27 Feb 2008, 11:42 pm »
Great, we are excited you are making the trip. Email me before the show and I will look out for you during RMAF.

Clayton

I heard so much about your speakers, I have to come and listen to them for myself judge what the fuss is alll about.
Will email you before I come, thanks for this invitation, I know you are a busy man esp. during the show day.

cloudbaseracer

« Reply #30 on: 28 Feb 2008, 03:12 pm »
Hi James...yes..I am here. Whats up?

Ken

Ken,

I sent you a private message on Tuesday.  I wonder if we could speak by phone?

James

cloudbaseracer

« Reply #31 on: 9 Mar 2008, 01:32 pm »
We receive a lot of questions regarding our upcoming products. Here are the products closest to production:

• Tachyon System Controller - Condenses all electronics (except power amps) into a single digital device designed for our speakers:
  1. Music File Player / Ripper
  2. Volume Control - full 24 bit resolution digital
  3. DSP EQ - FIR filters
  4. DSP Crossover network
  5. Room Correction
  6. D/A conversion - very high performance, 8 channels
     From $5k

• DSP Speaker Processor - digital and analog inputs, 24/96, high end D/A section, very short signal path. XLR and RCA connections.
    $1500

Clayton

Clayton,

Can you comment more on the Tachyon system?  Is this sort of a combination Hard Drive with Squeezebox (wireless?) mated to a Behringer type unit?  Just want to make sure I understand what is on the horizon.

What type of interface and controls will it have?  The Sooloos is nice in regards to it's graphical interface and touchscreen controls but the sound and especially the price is out of line

Do you have a time frame for this product?

Thanks,

James
« Last Edit: 9 Mar 2008, 04:38 pm by cloudbaseracer »

Clayton Shaw

« Reply #32 on: 9 Mar 2008, 11:51 pm »
The Tachyon Processor is similar to other high-end servers but with alot more functionality and was developed specifically to optimize the Emerald Physics CS2 and the upcoming CS1 flagship speakers. All of the signal processing such as volume level, crossover, equalization, time alignment, and room correction are effected directly on the FLAC music file in a Windows environment before feeding a very high-end D/A converter and output stage, all in the same chassis. Your CD player, Preamp, Speaker Processor and cables are all eliminated. The Tachyon can also be configured to control conventional box speakers with passive crossovers with many of the same advantages, for those looking to improve their current systems.

This approach sounds dramatically better than the conventional approach involving multiple components, digital conversions, cabling, tons of solder connections, etc. The whole product concept is based on this idea of a short, clean signal path with minimal signal contamination.

The interface is a straightforward file player graphical interface with optional touchscreen display. Room correction is done remotely from our lab via ethernet connection. Configuration changes, updates, and troubleshooting are likewise performed remotely. We can adjust the sound in realtime with our customer giving us direct feedback allowing fine tuning to taste.

NealH

« Reply #33 on: 11 Mar 2008, 06:02 pm »
I just placed a pair of CS2's on order.  Looking forward to these speakers. 

flaneb

« Reply #34 on: 12 Mar 2008, 01:21 am »
I am enjoying my cs2's, and have just ordered a modified behringer from RAM,Kyle.
and will share my thoughts after break-in....currently I added a pair of Eastern Electric monoblocks
using the EL156 tubes to the bottom spkrs. This one has all mundorf silver oils etc....after 120+ hrs they are sounding extremely good. Still on top are the modified 300b cary monos. This is a musical coherent
setup with awesome detail and power with the stock behringer. I can't wait for Kyle's.
more to come later.
Frank

damohpi

« Reply #35 on: 12 Mar 2008, 05:22 am »
I've also ordered a pair in red/black from Clayton, looking forward to hearing them

flaneb

« Reply #36 on: 13 Mar 2008, 06:56 pm »
at 150 hrs should be broken in.....the amps have 4 EL156 and 2 12au7's...per mono,
today replaced the chinese 12au7's with 5814wa ge triple mica (matched quad),
that came out of missile silos.....transformed the amps...superb detailed lower end...
on top put in WE300B's.....the cs2's never sounded better...can't wait for the RAM
Behring......
frank

TomS

« Reply #37 on: 13 Mar 2008, 07:12 pm »
It's great to hear some variations on systems, especially some of the tube amps.  I've been using the Bella Extreme 3205 with success as well.  Most recently, I've been using a DIY First Watt (Pass) F4 power amp and Aikido tube driver stage for the top end and have been very happy with the results.  The mids are slightly more relaxed and the very top end is softened a little compared to the Bella with Shiguang tubes, but overall the F4 holds its own very well and is also dead quiet.  The Bella definitely has that tube magic in terms of acoustic instrument tone and body.  The F4, which is far from tweaked out yet, is already right in the same ballpark, if not a smidge on the warm side.  Lovely to listen to on the CS2's either way.

Tom