Are there any VSE dealers anywhere near Ohio

bassguitarman

Are there any VSE dealers anywhere near Ohio
« on: 16 Jun 2010, 02:08 pm »
I have a pair of older VR3.5 and would like to upgrade. However my local dealer is long gone and I havent found another one in Northeast Ohio.
Pittsburg PA and Detroit Michigan are reasonably driving distance.
Dave

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
Re: Are there any VSE dealers anywhere near Ohio
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2010, 03:50 pm »
Dave,

If you can't find a local dealer I would be happy to help you. I am one of three authorized online VSA dealers.

Regards,
Scott W.
Advanced Home Theater
(972)754-8359

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2010, 01:18 pm »
The VR 3.5 were one of the most transparent and dynamic of VS speakers with a relatively small footprint (limited baffle  width but deep).  Fast as hell and could go deep.. You rarely see on the used market, for good reason..  The natural step-up if your ok with the sock wrap would be the new VR33 or VR 35..  Tho your audition options are limited you could purchase direct and of course have the safety of the $$ return policy.  When I spk with Albert a couple of weeks ago,, he mentioned " I can't build them fast enough"!  The testimonials have been fantastic and demand is up.  Hope they're at the RMAF..  Good luck! 

bassguitarman

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2010, 02:48 pm »
A couple of more comments. I'm looking at the VR4-SR MKIII. I am very happy with my 3.5 but want more volume. I also have the VR1 sub but would like a single system to go nearly as low without a sub.

bassguitarman

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2010, 04:21 pm »
Speaking of the new Vortex VR35 . Is there specs on them anywhere ? They are not on the VSA site.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2010, 05:55 pm »
Hello Bassguitarman,

The specs of the VR 35 are quite the same as the VR 33.

But.

The important difference is that the VR 35 use a few very expensive components in the crossover, upgraded internal wire and a upgraded bi-wire bindingposts.
All of this makes the VR 35 a very special and musical version.

We received the first VR 35 in Holland a few weeks ago to present them at the Munich fair last May. VSA dressed the VR 35 in grey and we finished them with a very special foot- and topcaps of hardstone. All of this gives the VR 35 a very elegant look as a lot of visitors at the show agreed.

The VR 35 is available in different cosmetic versions.
Different collors of cloth and different material of foots and caps so the VR 35 will fitt in any interior.

Just send us a picture of your interior and we will give you a nice advice.

Regards,

Cor

vnkue

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2010, 12:15 am »
Hello Bassguitarman,

I live in the Detroit area (near DTW Airport) and I've been working with Von Schweikert to support his sales growth and tech support in Southeast Michigan area.  I have a pair of the new VR4-SR mkIII in my studio listening room.  If you are interested in hearing them, please contact me at 734-674-6135.
Regards, VNKUE.