Uni3 Review now out in TAS

Hoosierdaddy

Uni3 Review now out in TAS
« on: 5 Nov 2009, 11:43 pm »
Just got home and saw that this month's TAS is here.  I am waiting for the munchkin to go to bed so I can read in peace.  However, I took a sneak peak and it looks to be a very positive review.  Hopefully now more people will know what VS owners already do...

mikel51

Re: Uni3 Review now out in TAS
« Reply #1 on: 6 Nov 2009, 01:04 am »
I read the review on an airplane ride (sitting in the Denver Airport at the moment).  The review was very complementary and compared the Uni3 to Magico speakers that are his favs.  The measured a slight boost in mid bass and a slight drop in the 4k range.  In the manufacturers comments section, Albert commented that they were design choices to make the speakers sound big in a small room (40 hz boost) and to make the speakers sound more musical (4000 hz droop).

Delacroix

« Reply #2 on: 6 Nov 2009, 01:31 am »
Yep, just read the review and response. Very positive all round, with minor reservations on the deliberate frequency response choices made by Albert (properly addressed in AVS' reponse, imo) and on the stands, which he considers less than perfect. In passing, (see sidebar) JV also comments briefly on the VSA biwire cables. Congrats all at VSA - reviews aren't everything but it's nice to get them and nicer still when they are positive. JV has heard lots of uber-expensive speakers and is a known admirer of Magico and Kharma, so he's placing the Uni3s in good company when he calls them 'meltingly beautiful' sounding transducers.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #3 on: 6 Nov 2009, 03:12 am »
I've been patiently waiting for this review from TAS.  Its been a while for a VSA system to be recognized in a major US print mag..  One wonders why Stereophile not only hasn't reviewed a pair of VS's in ages (if at all-maybe the orig VR4?) but,, refuses to recognize any VS model in their "Recommended" editions. At any rate,, hates off the JV at TAS for reviewing "outside the box".  The Unified 3 will find a home in just about any size room and will fill the air with breathtaking, jaw dropping, stunning 3D holographic, toe tapping joy!

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #4 on: 6 Nov 2009, 10:28 am »
Hi All,

This is realy a nice story about the Unifield III.
I love this system from the first day they were connected to our KR Kronzilla tube-amplifier and EERA CD source.

For the ones who live in Europe, there is a nice opportunity to meet the Unifields live in Brussels , Belgium at the Brussels Hifi-show next weekend 14&15 november. See:

http://www.audiovideo2day.be/index.php?page=events&ln=NL&id=3#1

Feel welcome in suite 142

Regards,

Cor

www.musicalreality.nl