Used Unifield 3---what to look for...

sammie

Used Unifield 3---what to look for...
« on: 25 Sep 2009, 02:07 pm »
I am interested in getting a pair of unifield 3's and have seen a few available used.  Other than the obvious stuff (how old, scratches, one owner, etc.), what should I ask about the speaker specifically? 

Have there been different iterations or midfications since the speaker has been released?  Other stuff I should try to find out?   

Thanks! 

JackD201

Re: Used Unifield 3---what to look for...
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2009, 02:25 pm »
None really Sammie except whether or not the previous owner has removed some of the Dacron stuffing. I'd go for a factory stuffed bass module since it's easier to remove the stuffing to taste than to stuff it back in. Good luck on your search!

Hoosierdaddy

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2009, 08:48 pm »
Sammie,

These are posted on Audiogon for less than 7k.  I am not affiliated with MSS or have not bought from them-just an fyi.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1257955357&/Von-Schweikert-Unifield-3-spea

Regards,
Hoosierdaddy

sammie

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2009, 08:58 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  :green: 

Yes, I am aware of the MSS Hifi ad, --thanks again.   

Delacroix

« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2009, 09:14 pm »
I'd go for a factory stuffed bass module since it's easier to remove the stuffing to taste than to stuff it back in.

Only I wouldn't recommend tasting it myself.....(sorry Jack, I couldn't resist  aa

JackD201

« Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2009, 09:39 pm »
I'd go for a factory stuffed bass module since it's easier to remove the stuffing to taste than to stuff it back in.

Only I wouldn't recommend tasting it myself.....(sorry Jack, I couldn't resist  aa

Gavin smokes it  :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry couldn't resist either!  :green:

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2009, 02:04 am »
 :o :evil: :drool: :duh: :wink: :oops: :roll: :nono: aa sorry...under the influence of dacron  :thumb: